Chapter 83: Tower Dungeon (4)

Kurai licked her paws while staring at the food served in front of her.

"Um.. little beast, does the food not please your eyes?"

The old Orc from before asked, careful not to sound disrespectful.

Kurai liked it.

Away from that weird family of hers where she was treated like a pillow, and even a toy sometimes, she preferred this treatment instead.

She should be treated like a God, for she was a blood of divinity. A divine beast. Her divine powers were barely unlocking even after living for 5 years, but she was indeed growing. She believed it's a matter of time until she would surpass her old man.

He can be very weak sometimes. Running from enemies, and paling at the sight of a ghost, so she needs to keep a watch on his back. He was strong, true, but he was still a mere Mana-less human. If she isn't careful, if she doesn't watch over him, what if someone takes advantage of him??

That was worrying. Moreover, in this world, there were more Magic users. From the manga her Mommy read out loud for her to hear sometimes, she knew about the evil wizards that lived in these types of worlds. Kurai has to make sure he doesn't get tricked by them.

"Um, little beast-"

"Who are you calling little, hm?" Kurai grumbled at the Orc. "I have killed thousands of your kind before. Orcs flee when they hear the name Kurai, and you dare to call me little? Courting death?"

"No, no, of course not. Haha."

The Orc bowed to her, sweating. She felt a bit satisfied. "Courting Death" was a line the old men from the manga her mommy read uses a lot. It never worked on the main character, but the side characters usually shat their pants. It seems to be true. Indeed, her mother reads good stuff.

The Orc kowtowed three times. "It's just that I don't know the great beast's name."

Kurai humphed. "You don't need to know my name. You shall refer to me as the Great One. That's all."

The Orc complied immediately. She truly liked it here.

Suddenly she heard two footsteps from behind her. Turning back, she met Neji, her fragile father.

"Oh, you are having fun it seems."

That she was. But she just humphed and threw her nose in the air. "Of course, you left me alone all of a sudden, I didn't have anything else to do."

She then lowered her head and took a bite out of the strange fruit presented in front of her.

Neji chuckled from behind her, and then looking away from her, he motioned his chin at the Ogre woman, Mursha.

She cleared her throat after meeting his gaze, a red hue of embarrassment and humiliation blanketing her green cheeks. Then she called,

"Everyone, gather around!"

It took an instant for everyone around to jump in. They were already expecting a call, since now they had a new chief, a new King.

As they gathered, Neji took out a headphone from his inventory and set it around Kurai's ears. He had almost every daily necessities in his inventory. That helped a lot, like this time. Kurai didn't need to hear these things.

Kurai purred in annoyance but as Neji played her favourite song, "Super Idol De Xiao", she abided like a good girl. Then he walked beside Mursha again, standing on her side where Kurai's eyes couldn't see him.