120: Back to School (2)

Chapter 120: Back to School (2)

The class was unusually quiet until the lunch break began.

After the lunch break, Class 1-A had a class with All Might again.

The students were asked to wear their Hero Costumes before gathering. The boys asked Neji and Todoroki some questions in the changing room, though most were just consoling them after what Kendo said.

After that, they gathered in Field Gamma in front of the tall man who was standing with his hands on his waist.

"Welcome, everyone." The man, All Might, spoke, this time not yelling that he was here. "I have heard about what happened to young Ida... I understand that you all must be under great pressure right now, and I do feel guilty about all this. Ida's death was also my fault that I wasn't present in Hosu, and also that I couldn't teach him properly enough."

The students muttered at his words, realising that he was just being respectful. What they didn't expect was All Might to bow, albeit slightly.

"I am really sorry for all this, but exactly because young Ida encountered such an accident, I want to do my best to teach you all properly. So that, even in my absence, you can not only keep yourself safe but also save the lives of others." He rose straight again. "Which is why we are here. This is Field Gamma, and we will train hard today."

Field Gamma was a dense spread of factories that wind together to create an intricate network of maze-like alleys.

"Now, knowing what young Neji and Todoroki faced, we have decided to prepare you in case you encounter similar situations." All Might said. "Which is why for today we're going to do 'Rescue-Training Race'! I will send a distress signal from somewhere inside and you'll start at the border, trying to find and rescue me!"

The students looked a bit excited now, despite knowing this was a simulation of what Neji and Todoroki faced while trying to save Ida.

All Might continued. "We have 20 students, who'll be split into four teams of five. Naturally, keep the destruction of property to a minimum!" He spoke the last line while eyeing Neji and Bakugo. Neji shrugged and Bakugo grunted.

"Anyway, I have prepared the teams beforehand. The first team participating were Kendo, Momo, Ochako, Setsuna, Mina!"

All Might ended his speech as some boys whistled. "An all-girls matchup, whoa..."

—★—

Bakugo crossed his arms as the girls prepared to start their match.

He didn't care about any of this match.

He was just waiting for his own match and hoped from the deepest part of his heart that he would get matched with Neji. Neji, that useless fucktard who couldn't even save a single guy and even allowed the villain to escape.

Bakugo felt weak after he lost against Neji. He felt his life was meaningless, and he was nothing but a worm in the greater scheme of things, but of course not. That's not right. Neji wasn't an invincible creature. He was just lucky to be born with a quirk that was a bit stronger than Bakugo's own. Yet, even then, he was so pathetic that he couldn't even save his fellow classmate.

'This time...'

According to Bakugo's calculations, he will be put on the same team as Neji and Inasa, because all three of them had flight ability. If any three were on another team, they'd win without any challenge, which shouldn't be All Might's goal here.

Bakugo had chosen Best Jeanist as his mentor in this Internship, and he hadn't protested any of the Pro's actions. Which was why, pleased, the man had given Bakugou some pointers to improve on his usage of quirk. Which was why...