❀ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ❀

Start from the beginning

"Lo, I trust you, mon espoir but i'd feel better if I came with you" Regulus whispered nervously, running a hand through his tousled hair, "We do these things together"

"You've got school work to be doing, Regulus, you have NEWTs coming up. I'll be okay, i'm special remember?" I reassured him with a smile, squeezing his arm.

"We're pretty good protectors princess" Fabian and Gideon chorused behind Regulus the boy turning to him,

"I'm confused Fabes is this the fiancé, I thought it was the other one"

"It is the other one Gids, this is the secret lover"

"I'm standing right in front of you" Regulus drawled out, eyeing them carefully, "If my Lo comes back with more than a new scratch on her, i'll kill you. And believe me..." He warned, reaching up and pulling their shirts closer to him, "I'm sure you've heard how fantastic Black's are at murder and getting away with it"

"Chill out mate, Princess will be all perfect" Fabian grinned as I rolled my eyes, leaving the room to go and get changed and ready, already having some clothes here that would be suitable.

Opening the door to my bedroom, I heard someone shut it after me, leaning against the door, causing me to turn to him as I got changed, an unreadable expression on his face. He didn't speak whilst I put on some black jeans and jacket, tying my blonde hair back into a ponytail, and off my face, sliding my wand up my sleeve before approaching him with a soft smile.

James nearly melted at her smile as she pressing her thumbs to his jaw line, bringing her lips onto his lightly. He didn't want her to go. He would much rather go instead. She was the one who was supposed to stay at home safe, where he knew she was at all times not going out to Diagon Alley in the middle of a war she's somehow in the centre of. He felt anger towards Dumbledore for choosing her over anyone else for this mission, and desperation towards her. He didn't want her to go, he wants her to stay so he could feel her heartbeat against his, to gaze into her rich chocolatey eyes and know she's here with him forever.

He wanted security.

"Promise me you'll come back safe" He whispered tightly, lifting his hand up to mine on his cheeks, running his pointer finger down my engagement ring.

"I will come back to you" I promised him, pecking his lips again sweetly, "I have to be here to marry you, don't I? I can't do it from death"

"Don't joke like that" He muttered, slipping his hands down to my waist and pulling me into his athletic body, burying his face into my neck, as I enjoyed the comfort and warmth from him, his scent filling up my lungs, "I feel loved by you"

"I feel loved by you" I whispered, kissing the top of my head, "James, you need to let me go, love"

"I love you, so much" He murmured, lifting his head up and sighing gently, planting a loving kiss on my forehead before letting me slip out of my bedroom, making my way back to the room where everyone was waiting for me.

•••

We apparated to Diagon Alley, the Prewetts strolling cautiously in front of Peter and I, through the streets trying not to draw attention to ourselves. We decided to split off to see if we could spot anything out of the ordinary, the twins going in one direction, Peter and I in the other. We traveled down Knockturn Alley, my hand slipping into his when I noticed him breath out a soft breath, bringing him into a little side street.

"You okay?" I whispered, meeting his blue eyes as he swallowed thickly, nodding his head, "You can go home if you want, you don't have to stay"