Innocent Murderer - Competition and Respect 23

"Why are you so thin?" Zhan Qitian stuffed Zhan Zhao into the car. He sat in the driver's seat and fastened his seat belt. "What do you eat every day?"

Zhan Zhao fastened his seat belt and whispered "Bento boxes."

Zhan Qitian frowned slightly, started the car, and drove to the suburbs.

"Dad..." Zhan Zhao saw that Zhan Qitian drove seriously and didn't speak, so he asked, "What are you going to tell me? You're acting so mysteriously"

Zhan Qitian was silent for a while, then said, "I want to show you something."

"What are you going to show me?" Zhan Zhao asked with a smile. He looked at his father's profile and secretly admired him — 'So handsome~'

Seeing the curious Zhan Zhao, Zhan Qitian smiled; the faint anger in his heart also faded a little. He said, "You will see it when we get home."

"Oh..." Zhan Zhao nodded and glanced at Zhan Qitian from time to time. He was relieved to find that his face was not as angry as before.

The car drove all the way to the suburbs. As the air slowly freshened, the tension in the car slowly dissipated. Zhan Qitian looked at Zhan Zhao in the back seat and asked, "Have you eaten yet?"

Zhan Zhao turned his head and saw a box on the back seat. Zhan Zhao narrowed his eyes; it was takoyaki!

He stretched out his hand to grab the box. He opened it and began eating, muttering in my heart as he ate, "Hmph, my dad is still the best!"

As a result, Zhan Zhao's father successfully tamed his kitten with a box of takoyaki. The father and son drove to the suburbs, talking and laughing along the way.

Stopping the car, Zhan Qitian helped Zhan Zhao to the bedroom on the second floor, and setting him down on the bed. He gave him a folder, and said, "Here."

Zhan Zhao stretched out his hand to take it. He opened it and took a look; he was shocked. Looking up at Zhan Qitian, he said, "This... This is a paternity test..."

Zhan Qitian nodded, "Haven't you ever thought that I might not be your father?"

Zhan Zhao's face turned a little red, and he asked in a low voice, "How did you know?"

"You don't want to go home anymore and you look like you have seen a ghost when you see me." Zhan Qitian moved a stool over and sat down, "How could I not know?"

Holding the document, Zhan Zhao heart dropped and he said, "Then what Zhao Jue said that day..."

"Did you believe what he said?" Zhan Qitian was a little helpless, "He was teasing you."

Zhan Zhao couldn't understand, and asked, "Then, what you said..."

Zhan Qitian's face was a little embarrassed, and said, "I was teasing you too..."

...Zhan Zhao was speechless. If he was telling the truth than Zhan Qitian is the most boring dad in the world, but if it is a lie, then he is the worst liar in the world!

"There is still something I want to show you." Zhan Qitian said. From the drawer of the desk, he took out a document wrapped in a plastic bag and gave it to Zhan Zhao. "This is Zhao Jue's research material."

Zhan Zhao was surprised. He took it and began to read it seriously.

Zhan Qitian went downstairs silently. He took out the previously purchased vegetables from the trunk of the car, returned to the kitchen, and started cooking. He filled the table with dishes that Zhan Zhao liked.

It was getting late when he was finished. Zhan Qitian went upstairs and opened the door to the bedroom. He saw Zhan Zhao sitting quietly on the bed in a trance and just holding the document.