(56) Future Duke Of Norfolk

4 September 1524

I lay upon my front, my front half hanging off the boat as I stared aimlessly in the water. Henry sat by my side holding my hand, and Anne Boleyn sat behind me, Charles Brandon next to her.  we were halfway there when I decided to sit up I had been leaning on my husband who automatically wrapped his arm around me. our eyes then locked, and a smile slithered onto my face as his gaze gradually grew more intense. our lips met as a hand rested on my cheek the other plastered on my hip. once he pulled away I turned to look at Anne Boleyn who looked rather sour and when she noticed me looking at her she turned away as quick as she could. henry had his hands all over me as we passed under a bridge and villagers were cheering and waving. he didn't seem to notice as our lips met once again, and the cheers of the crowds increased.

"your majesty you have a watching crowd" Charles Brandon muttered but henry's lips stayed planted against my own.

"look it's the king and queen" one loud deep billowing cry boomed over the cheers. children waved their hands and screamed, and adults smiled and waved. I broke for henry and pointed at the peasants all lined up by the sides of the water. henry stood up and stretched his hand out,

"dance with me" he cried out, as I froze. Anne tapped my shoulder

"come on, show your people your moves" she whispered and I took henry's hand. he put his hand around my waist as he waltzed in circles. Brandon picked up the lute by his side and began to strum it as we picked up speed. henry then lifted me into his arms as he spun me around, as I raised my arms in the air. once he lowered me, we bowed to one another and looked out onto the crowds. we smiled out as I waved, till we heard a cry and one boy fell into the stream. I wanted to jump in as I thought of what had happened to me with Francis. I stared in horror, henry grabbed my face causing m to look away into his eyes.

"you, get in there and save that peasant" I cried out tapping one of henry's servants and he nodded. he flung himself off the edge of the boat swimming towards the boy, eventually bringing him onto the boat. I drew the boy onto my lap as Charles Brandon handed me his jacket which I wrapped around the young boy. he must of at least been about mary's age I thought as he began coughing and spluttering. I ran my fingers through his wild untamed wet hair, as henry placed his hand on top of my own.

"Hey, what's your name," I said looking at the boy who was looking at me with great fear as he trembled. I grabbed him by the shoulders

"August" he shyly spluttered his eyes wandering around his surrounding rapidly. I let the boy get to his feet as I stood as well gripping onto henry's shoulder.

"hi august, I'm queen charlotte," I said and the boy automatically fell to his knees his hands clasped together high above his bent head.

"oh please your majesty does not send me to the tower" he cried out and I giggled s everyone else upon the boat did.

"stand up my son," Henry said and the boy automatically rose, at a dramatically fast pace.

"we will do you no harm, I don't know what you have heard of us but you pose no threat to us. you should be thanking us our guard came to save you" henry said as I turned to look at the soaking wet guard acting as if nothing had happened. 

"I must go finish my chores sir or ma will kill me," he said and I thought back to Henri. henri the boy had met that day I went running after my father, who died not long after. this boy had that same sparkle in his eye just like Henri.

"don't worry about your chores, just sit down before you fall once again," I said and I lifted him over our seat to behind. Charles Brandon gripped the boy tightly, slipping him into the middle of him and Anne. he then whispered to the boy who nodded rather stiffly at the duke. I turned to look at henry who was smiling at me.