(39) Sword Fight And A Flower Crown

23 June 1519

I sat by my son Arthur as he learnt how to read Latin and I was watching him. he tried hard and whenever he was unsure he'd grip my thumb and shake it like a bell. in the middle of the text, he was reading henry entered the room yelling at lord Howard.

"no your majesty I'm not wrong" lord Howard yelled not before leaving the room, henry turned around to look at our faces full of shock.

"Arthur come on let us go outside," Henry said as Arthur jumped up

"no henry, he needs to finish this off first then he can," I said yanking my son back into his chair.

"you're no fun at times," Henry said taking a seat opposite watching and putting in his input at times. Arthur was very bright just like me and got the hang of things quickly. but also was a little impatient which I must admit he got that from both me and henry. once we finished henry got mary, while I held Francis's arm and Thomas clinging to my side. we headed to the garden where I sat holding my two youngest children in my arms. while henry ran around with Arthur and mary, through the garden with little wooden swords and shields.

"my princess mary protects your king" henry cried as Arthur and he began fighting with their swords. mary in front of her father and began swishing her wooden sword at Arthur and they began duelling. they ran around the acres of land as they chanted wailed their battle cries. I turned to the two little boys attached to me, Thomas was fast asleep his short little arms wrapped around me as Francis lay in my arms staring deeply at me.

"Hello, Francis my dear little prince you are so sweet and peaceful. you do not scream nor wail but stare at me with your beautiful huge eyes filled with joy and love" I said looking at my youngest son Francis. I then leaned in and kissed his temple lightly, as I rocked him ever so slightly. Francis raised his hand into the air waving it softly in my face. I slowly reached out to grab his hand which was raised high. once our hands made contact his miniature little finger wrapped around my thumb as an even bigger smile spread upon my face. I then began to hum a song that had been stuck in y mind for what felt like forever. I had no idea where I had heard the song or what it was called but I loved it. I saw a tired-looking smile spread upon my son's little chubby face as he slowly drifted to sleep. once he had finally shut his eyes I lifted my head and saw my husband running towards me with mary on his back.

"love, come join us" henry insisted and mary nodded

"please mother" she cried and I nodded, not being able to say no to marys adorable face pleading for me to join in. Catherine de Bretagne took Thomas out of my arms as the other nanny took Francis, rushing him inside.

"go have fun, princess Lottie, don't hurt yourself, dear," Catherine said as I stood up laughing and she took the space on the bench I was just sitting on.

"I won't hurt myself, im not that broken," I said twirling around my arms stretched out as Cathrine smiled at me. I then walked over to Henry and I suddenly stopped in my tracks. I turned around sharply looking at my friend who was smirking and was still sitting upon the bench holding my sleeping son. she nodded and a smile slipped onto my lips and a single tear dripped down my face. it had just hit me, what had she had just said was what Louis used to tell me all the time. 'princess Lottie' how I missed him saying that, I hadn't heard that for around 11 years. I turned away from Catherine and ran after my husband and mary as Arthur tossed me a sword. I caught it as I ran to his side and I began playing with mary.

"come on mother, fight with all your might" he cried as mary began running and I chased her as we both squealed and laughed. mary ran out of my sight, I slowed down to a stop scanning for her. she then jumped out of the nearby bush but before she could tag me I lifted her into my arms as she squealed. I then ran back to the green area where Henry and Arthur were having a massive battle. I ran to  Arthur my sword in hand lowering mary