(43) Field of the Cloth of Gold 1

27th May 1520

I woke up next to Charles Brandon who was just staring longingly at me, then kissed my cheek. he had a little twinkle in his eye which made my heart melt.

"morning Brandon," I said running my hands through his hair as he rubbed my bare thighs under the covers. he then gradually made his way higher and higher

"morning Lottie," he groggily groaned kissing me upon the lips a few times savouring each one. I pulled him closer to my body wrapping my legs around him.

"oh behave yourself," he said kissing my cheek and I let go of him and I watched as he got changed. he noticed halfway through that I was gazing intensely at him with a playful grin spread upon my face. I was laying upon my stomach my legs up unconsciously swinging as he smiled at me making me blush. once he was done he walked over to me

"Isabella will be joining us on our travel to France," Brandon told me and I smiled as I sat up.

"perfect, I am so thrilled to see her again and will your wife be going," I asked and he shook his head.

"no my dearest, she says she wishes not to join us and would rather stay to care for our daughters," he said and I nodded.

"I miss seeing her court and so does Henry," I said as I sat next to Charles who was sitting at the edge of the bed. I then ran my hands through Charles's hair, trying to straighten it up. he slightly turned his head to look at me as I did this. he then grabbed my hand and drew it down onto the bed. he moved closer to me so our noses were touching and our eyes staring into one another. he tilted his head slightly before pressing his lips against mine once again.

"well I will inform her," he said as he stood up walking away slowly.

"see you soon your majesty," he said bowing

"see you soon your grace," I said bowing my head slightly as he snuck out of my chamber through the secret passage I had found behind a portrait. it led to the lady in the waiting and handmaids corridor. I then got up and wore my undergarments waiting for my ladies to come. I wandered over to my window after a bit, I was becoming rather impatient. I blankly looked out of the window until I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Henry, help me with that," I said pointing towards my corset which was folded and had been laid by my bed. he grabbed my corset and wrapped it around my waist. he then began tightening it ever so gently with great concentration. I smiled watching him do it through the mirror 

"where are your ladies and handmaids," he asked and I shrugged.

" I don't know, probably excited about their trip to France," I said and Henry lay his hand on my shoulder.

"we've all been waiting impatiently for this, and finally it's happening," he said and I sighed with a grand old smile. once henry finished he smiled at me resting his arms upon my shoulder as he looked at me. he kissed my cheek as he placed his hand over my own, caressing it. his hand went up to my neck to my hair roughly unbraiding it with his fingers. henry then helped me finish dressing and he even tried to do my hair, which went surprisingly well.

"wow your good," I said admiring my hair in the mirror as henry proudly beamed.

"I remember my mother doing my sister mary's hair countless times. speaking of mary have you heard from her, is she well. I have invited her to court countless times but she just never turns up" he complained.

"I have asked the duke of Suffolk but he says she is too busy looking after her children, and would rather stay out of the busy life of the court," I said as I took the kings hand. after a while, he spoke once more