(53) Old Diary & Dance

28th June 1522

My dear sister had come to England, along with my mother. I was quite excited to see them again, after not seeing them for so long. 

"Your glowing your majesty," Mary Devereux said as she fixed my dress and the other Boleyn girl nodded. Anne Boleyn wore my necklace around my neck while some other lady applied my makeup. Elizabeth, mary Carrey, Anne hasting and jane pole entered the room jane pole at the back looking rather vexed.

"oh stop it mary your making me blush," I said fanning myself with my hand as a smirk appeared on my face.

"and building up your already enormous ego," Anne Boleyn said underneath her breath as she moved next to mary Devereux who was now standing with the other ladies. my mouth dropped as I looked at her smirk as mary Carrey nudge her sister. all I could do was laugh out loud, she had such courage to speak to me and such a funny joke as well.

"oh Boleyn, you kill me," I laughed as I began walking, my ladies began following behind. mary Devereux and mary Carrey at the front, then both the Annes (hasting and Boleyn), then last but not least Elizabeth next to young grumpy jane pole. we entered the hall where everyone parted to let us through. my husband stood up and took my hand as my ladies curtsied and parted. we both took our seats on our thrones and I spotted my mother and Margurite through the crowds of the court talking to the duke of Suffolk. but the person that stood behind my sister made me frown, it was my brother in law, Charles. I was then handed a glass of wine as my husband was and we clinked glasses.

"too our glorious marriage," henry said 

"and your 31st birthday, your majesty," I said and he beamed even brighter before taking a sip of his drink. I did the same, 

"I also got you a gift," I said and he turned to look at me once again.

"you didn't have to," he said but I shook m head,

"But I must, it feels like the right thing to celebrate the older but wiser you are getting," I said and he laughed.

"wiser, I don't feel it" he laughed as he gripped my hand leaning closer to me. our lips meeting for a few seconds but separating once Wolsey came over. I glared at the old man as Henry turned to look at him, Wolsey then began whispering to him. I then turned to watch the sights of the court, my eyes fell upon mary Carrey whose father was patting her back. he seemed proud of her, her uncle then walked over with a beaming smile. I then looked at mary Devereux who was talking to Thomas more, the both of them laughing. those two were close, I also thought it was their intense religious beliefs that they bonded on and they were like second or third cousins or something like that. 

"who is that, I haven't seen them around before," Compton said as he, Charles Brandon and Norris came over to the king.

"the one in the black and red," Norris asked and Charles nodded,

"Margurite duchess of Alençon, king Francis of Frances elder sister" henry replied looking at her as all the men did.

"and my married younger sister" I added in and they all turned to me,

"younger sister," Norris asked and I nodded as they all turned away to look at her once again. 

"she's a little too busty for me," Compton said and the men all chuckled as I groaned in response.

"I think she is fine," Henry said and I turned to look at him with great disgust. I stood up and walked over to the crowd as they parted and I stood in the middle. I turned to tallis who grabbed his violin and began to strum and the other instruments began playing. I then started dancing, all eyes on me and I sprung around the floor gracefully. after all the years of being queen, my dancing had improved. I then turned to look at my husband who was at the edge of his seat watching me. I gestured with two fingers for him to come over and he did. he took my hand which was above my head, and his other arm went around my waist. he raised me off the ground spinning me around. once he lowered me he spun me out of his arm and we kept on dancing till the end of the song. he bowed as I curtsied, others joined like Anne Boleyn with poet Thomas Wyatt. Elizabeth with her husband, mary Carrey and her husband and Compton with Anne hasting.