(27) The Voices

29th December 1514

I lay upon my bed staring at the white ceiling humming my french rose. the song was composed by henry back in 1511 when I had my first child. but when my son henry died the king never played it again, and he was adamant about it. I shut my eyes and opened them sharply when I heard a loud explosion. I sat up, clambered out of my bed and straight to the window, where I saw nothing unusual. I then decide to head out of the room, into the icy cold quiet hallway. I was barefoot, I made it to Louis chamber where the door was left ajar. I waltzed in and found him sitting on his bed holding the seventeen-year-old me's hand and speaking right in her face.

"no matter what charlotte don't tell anyone until the time is right, this is our little secret," he spat.

"This little secret is more like a large burden on me" she cried as the king wrapped his arm around her waist drawing her even closer to him.

"I know it is but we must keep this huge secret to ourselves, it is also a massive burden on me," he said.

"on you, your life isn't on the line is it" she harshly spat

"I would hate to see you in such a position and my life may not be on the line, but I will suffer greatly if this got out," he said and she avoided his eye contact, staring at the window behind him. when he noticed her lack of eye contact he gripped her tighter and slammed younger me against the wall.

"When is the right time," she asked after a bit of a silence

"when you believe it is, you'll know trust me," he said as she sighed.

"you don't have an utter clue do you, you're utterly useless at, times," I said and he gripped my throat. I then felt a sudden burning in my throat causing me to crash to the floor. it was like I was being choked by fire, I thought as I couched up smoke. I then shut my eyes then once they opened I was in a quiet and drafty room. the burning feeling had gone, I realised as I got off my hands and knees. I was in the throne room, Louis sat on the throne looking quite relaxed. the door blasted open startling me and Louis. it was me, the younger me who had just flung the door open and she marched over. Louis stood up the second the door opened,

"what is it," he said as she walked over then wisphered into his ear. the only thing I heard was

"I didn't touch him -- Louis that means". Louis didn't look pleased as I said whatever I did and he pushed her over causing her to fall. I had shut my eyes before she hit the floor and I was back on the throne room floor.

"it's all your fault" I heard Louis say. I moved my head around searching for him but I could see anyone.

"you're the worst sister ever, you whore" I heard Francis say which caused me to look behind me a tear rolling down my face.

"no please Francis you don't mean it" I cried

"a disgrace to the family name and the king" I heard Margurite say. the three voices just kept repeating their phrases each time. it sounds like the word was circling me as they grew louder.

"you killed my brother, murder" I hear Charles my brother in law say, which really got onto my nerve.

"I never did, I wouldn't, I wouldn't, no no no" I rapidly spat out tears uncontrollably gushing down my face.

"why would I ever love a whore like you," Henry said which caused my breathing to become really unsteady. I then gripped onto my wrist scratching my arm drawing blood as the voices continued.

"where's my mother, tell me Lottie you know" I heard Fredrick say but it sounded like he was annoyed and crying. I gripped my hair rocking my head around, I didn't know what was going on, I just needed it to stop.