(45) One Fewer Pair Of Eyes

25 November 1520

My dearest Queen, 

I require you in my quarters immediately, I need to talk to you one on one, face to face my darling future queen. don't you worry you'll be all mine soon, for the whole world to see apart from our dear henry.

The rightful king Edward VI, Stafford

he handed me the letter and I rose from my seat as I skimmed it.

"why not tell me now Buckingham, instead of your riddles" I cried as he laughed. I watched him with a frown as he left as my ladies looked at me with utter confusion. I then sat back in my seat and shredded the letter into little pieces. I chucked all onto a pile on the closest flat surface which was a little stool by me. I was curious, so I decide to wander out of the room after the duke. I heard footsteps behind me, it was lady Elizabeth and my new lady jane Pole (Neville) Baroness of Montagu. 

"keep up then, if you're going to follow" I cried as they rushed behind me

"your grace, you can't just storm over there" Jane cried out and I let out a heavy sigh, stopping. I turned around slowly to look at the young girl that stood before me.

"you do not tell me what to do, or not to do, I am your queen and I don't take orders from you. you are new to court, so you're still learning, I get it and forgive you, there is no need to plead or for feel guilt" I said with a smile before continuing my journey to Buckingham's quarters. once I arrived at the door I knocked, and the door was opened immediately by Edwards servant, Conrad. he bowed as he let me in and I tilted my head as I entered the room. my ladies stayed out in the corridor as Conrad showed me where the duke was.

"it's a pleasure to see you again your majesty" he cried and I nodded not looking into his eyes.

"and same to you Conrad" I replied as we approached the duke who was leaning against a chair staring at me intensely. I looked him up and down, I felt great disgust just look at the half-wit, too much power and little sense. he bowed as I entered and I curtsied to him as he took my hand,

"now go, leave us," he said looking into my eyes and nowhere else. Conrad shuffled away leaving me and the 42 year old duke. he pulled me closer to his body letting go of my hand and wrapped that arm around my waist. 

"The plan is going to happen soon, but I need support," he said,

"I can't, not openly at least," I said and Buckingham chuckled moving closer to me. his hot breath and spit covering my face making my eyes squint.

"then I have to kill the king and your children," he said and my face fell 

"what - my what, but you cant - NO" I stammered in a daze as he broke away from me. he wandered over to the other side of the room as I was frozen to the floor watching him closely. 

"surely your kidding you will not lay a finger on my children" I yelled out and he stopped in his tracks turning back with a toothy smirk on his thick face.

"they may try to seize the throne from me, I am not willing to risk that," he said and I was furious, how could he suggest such a thing. and second of all, how did he think of that, where did that sense come from. I assumed greed and the power that lingered right above his head.

"no, you won't hurt my children" I cried walking over to him whacking his arm as tears trickled down my face.

"you will never harm my children, never" I screeched out in anger repeatedly hitting the duke, each hit gradually getting harder. I then struck him with a slap across his chubby face before he grabbed both my wrists then cover my mouth with his other hand. he rose my arms above my head as he pressed me up against the table.