(48) Death Awaits Behind The Door

12th February 1521

I was sat in Thomas Wolsey's office signing a few papers on Henry's behalf as he was too busy hunting. there was a knock upon the door, which drew my focus

"enter" I called out and Jane pole strutted in with a grand smile.

"You wanted to see me, your majesty," she said. I looked at her up and down as she stepped in locking the door. she walked around my chair abruptly stopping as I arose from my seat. Our faces were now inches away as I smirked at her.

"you always come to me at the right time to cheer me up," I said kissing her cheek which took her by shock. I then began rubbing her thigh under her dress, smirking at her intensely.

"aww your majesty" she sighed but I covered her mouth. I then began kissing her longingly but not long after, it seemed as if I were searching for something in her eyes. I don't know what I was looking for, but I wasn't satisfied, I would never be satisfied with her. she looked so doughy eyed at me as she lay her hand on my shoulder. she wasn't what I wanted, I expected to see something else in her eyes but I'm not sure what. why must her eyes deceive me in such a way, they invited me over but left me dissatisfied. 

"Another day, another time and place " I whispered into her ear and she nodded still in a bit of a daze. in silence, I was now left here to fill out forms and think over what I had just done. what the hell had I just done, and why, I felt no pleasure from it. it was like a natural instance to kiss her, hold her, play with her untainted feelings and crush them eventually. I knew it would have to end soon, whatever it even was and it would crush the poor little girl's feelings.

That evening I was told my husband wanted to see me so I headed to his chamber where I found him sitting on top of the bed. I then slipped myself into the bed and he latched onto me cuddling right up next to me. he then began using the lace on my nightgown as I swept my hair to one side. he heaved himself on top of me as our lips connected but we broke apart once we heard a blood-curdling high pitched scream. henry flung himself off of me and we looked at each other with fear written on both our faces. we both jumped out of the bed and towards the door, I handed henry his axe from under his bed. he began walking to his quarter's doors but stopped turning to look at me.

"stay in my chambers," he said and I wandered back into the chamber, sitting upon the bed waiting for him to return. I wandered around the room anxiously, I was deadly worried for Henry. he ran back in a few minutes with a guard behind him, henry was gripping onto his axe. then he latched his other hand onto my wrist, as the guard ushered us towards the hidden door. both men tore the tapestry that was covering the door down. he opened it and shoved me in first but before that, the guard handed me a sword nodding at me. henry followed in behind me as the guard locked the door. he drew me into the dark hidden hallway making me hold a candle to illuminate the way as we walked down the wet stone spiral stairs barefooted. each step as painful and slipperier as ever. we winced our way down the stairs gripping onto the handrails.

"Why are we going here, what happened up there," I asked and he rose his hand to silence me as he tried to open the door. he began banging his palm against the door crying out for help.

"Help, help this is your king, you must obey and open the door" he cried out.

"Where does this door lead to," I asked as henry was banging upon it,

"Charles Brandon's room" he replied. it wouldn't budge, I pushed past henry and began banging on the door with my fists.

"Charles, Charles, Brandon open the door" I cried out banging furiously but with no luck. henry raised his axe into the air as I backed away from him. he whacked the door roughly two times with great vengeance and determination, but sadly it barely made a dent. I could see henry's face grow with anger as he raised his hand with absolute full power but I taped his shoulder.