(5) Marry Me

10th June 1509

I woke that morning in Charles's arms wrapped around my bare body, keeping me warm.

"morning love" he tiredly grinned at me

"morning, Charles," I said beaming at him as we both sat up in the bed still in a tight warm embrace. our lips met somehow and lingered together as the kiss progressively grew intenser by the second.

"the king speaks plenty about you, he is obsessed with you, like how I am obsessed with you, love," Charles said as a small smile spread upon my lips.

"really - and what do you say about it," I asked and a chuckle erupted from Charles's mouth.

"I'll be honest with you, I feel nothing but jealously as you are mine and we both know it. if I could I would make you mine own and marry without hesitation. the only thing in our way is my wife but just know im always here to fulfil your desires" he said kissing my cheek.

"even when I marry will you still fulfil my desires," I asked and he nodded

"yes, my lady anything for you" he responded swiftly not even giving it a second thought. he grabbed my hand and kissed it, before gripping it tightly.

"but if the king ever marries you, which is seeming more likely every day I will not be able to fulfil your desires. I will never go against the king, not even for you lady charlotte, not for anyone" he said brushing my hair out my face.

"let's not dwell on that, but enjoy what we have now before I have to leave for France," I said getting myself on top of him. 

Later on in the day, I was outside upon the bridge staring at the stream and the red rose bushes around it. The sky was dull and leaves were falling from the trees more and more each day. The wind rushed through my hair, making me feel that I was not alone by the lake, I then felt a tap on my shoulder. This caused me to jump slightly drawing me out of a peaceful state, it was king, he then grabbed my hand staring intensely into my eyes. He then beamed nervously at me swing my hand's side to side gently, I knew he was up to something but I couldn't figure out what.

"lady Charlotte of Valois-Angouleme, I have got to know you very well these past few months. I now know the answer to the question I had been asked by many. If I'd ever fall in love and the answer is yes, the breathtakingly beautiful lady I want to share all my desires, wishes, power, riches, life and devote all my attention to is you, my lady. I know about you and Charles Brandon and I will still marry you, knowing you are not a virgin. king Louis has allowed me to do this, So will you marry me lady charlotte" henry sweetly said seeming a little nervous. Once he had finished my mouth dropped I didn't know how to process the information so I just did what felt right and natural.

"I'll think about it your majesty but it's not a no and I'll give you my answer when I return from France," I said and he nodded. he handed me a rose which I took before I kissed his cheek

"don't forget about me," I said and he nodded once again.

"I will never forget you," he cried out drawing me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around him embracing the hug, as he kissed my cheek.

12th June 1509

I walked into Charles Brandon chamber where he sat playing cards with William Compton and Francis de Foix. 

"may I speak to Charles," I said as he immediately stood up bowing, he then walked over to me, Compton nudging his arm lightly. he gestured for me to follow him through a door 

"you knew didn't you," I asked and he nodded moving closer to me,

"yes the king had told me but I wanted it to be a surprise for you" he responded. he took my hand, looking deeply at me as we stayed in silence.