(33) Oh, My Love

6th February 1516

I lay up upon my bed 9 months pregnant watching the hours slowly creep past. I spent most of my days in my chamber trying not to do too much for the baby. I can't risk it, this could be the spare male heir henry needed, we needed.  I began to drift off into a peaceful sleep then someone banged on the door. I wrenched my eyes open groaning slightly

"what amazing timing" I muttered to myself sitting upright on my bed.

"enter," I said and lady Elizabeth waltzed in pirouetting and spinning around the room.

"what is it lady beth," I said as she spun around the room with a huge grin

"I think I've just met the love of my life" she sang softly sinking onto the end of my bed. 

"who, Lizzie," I asked impatiently running my hand through my black hair and all she did was grin like a Cheshire cat and giggle. I shuffled up over to her tapping her shoulder rapidly till she spat it out.

"Alright I love, Lord Grey," she said standing up dramatically with an even cheekier grin making me lose my patience.

"which one Leonard, Thomas or Richard," I said and she nodded

"Thomas," she said with a grin.

"We have been meeting up in secret but my father has already agreed for me to marry Lord Scrope. so that's the end of my and grey's love, it was such fun while it lasted" she said her smile immediately vanishing as she got up. I grabbed her hand and drew her back onto the bed. I looked at her sulky face and drew her into a hug. I felt her pain, trust me I live through it every day of my life.

"I tried to get father to change his mind but it didn't work, he insists I marry Scrope it's what's best for our family" she cried out tears trickling down her already tear-stained face.

"which Scrope," I said as she whipped her tears with her sleeve still whimpering.

"Henry," she said with a sulk 

"I'm sorry I can't help, once your father has made his decision it's final," I said but she shook her head viciously.

"My father is a nasty man, he's insane, he used to hit me and he still does now with whatever around. I am a burden to him I know, but I am only 22 " she yelled as I felt a sharp pain in the pit of my stomach. I knew immediately I was going into labour but I listened to her rant on ignoring it, well at least trying to hide it.

"he is so cruel, he beat my mother with a bible till she could no longer stand. she shortly died soon after that day, he's the reason she's dead. I will never forgive that man and I feel ashamed to call him my father but I must" she spewed out, pacing up and down my room.

"Elizabeth, Elizabeth," I said as I hunched over wrapping my arms around my stomach and her face full of seeping anger. 

"Are you okay, oh let me - I'll be back" she blurted out in a panic as she dashed out of the room at a quick speed. after 6 intense hours, I had delivered a nice healthy baby girl. I was disappointed it wasn't a boy but I can't always have it go my way. I need henry's spare he always used to say

"my father always told me I need to keep the family line going. to always have your heir and spare". this was quite fussy to me but I understood this is still a new dynasty and it can't just die out, well not yet at least. the heir and the spare, I loved calling it that, it so was catchy. the girl was then placed in the cot by my bed and I shifted over to look at her. she had huge blue eyes that stared deeply into my soul. Henry, later on, came in looking quite anxious,

" How are you, Charles," he asked kissing my forehead looking at my drowsy looking eyes. He then rubbed his thumb down my tear-stained cheek. he planted a kiss upon my cheek and looked deeply into my eyes, caressing my hand.