(52) Her Eyes

29th May 1522

"She is ready, she will be perfect, trust me," Mary Devereux said as I nodded even though I wasn't convinced but I trusted mary. Anne Boleyn then entered the room, she looked rather nervous as curtsied in front of me. mary placed a hand on my shoulder,

"lady Anne, it's a pleasure to have you at court," I said as I stretched my hand out. Anne took it as I shook it,

"it is lovely seeing you once again your majesty, I am so pleased you have let me into your group of ladies," she said with a stilted smile. this reminded me of her awful sister, which made me sick slightly.

"drop the false smile Boleyn" I sharply pointed out and her lips fell as she looked down. I instantly bit my lip as the words had finished flowing out of my mouth but the damage had been done. mary Devereux dragged me to my chamber,

"loosen up your majesty, you're scaring her" mary sang as she wandered to my chambers and I followed at a quick pace.

"I am not, we are merely acquaintances and I was putting her in her place" I cried out,

"come on, she is so sweet and funny and I think deep down you will like her, give her a chance," she said and I scuffed.

"that's what you said about lady jane pole," I said whispering the name so jane who was in my quarters wouldn't hear.

"well this time I know, she will be perfect, trust me," she said as I sunk into a chair.

" I know I will soon tire of her" I mumbled as mary kneeled before me, placing her palms together like she was praying. she had such a soft expression spread upon her face as she tilted her head to the side.

"she shone that same smile her sister gives me, she ruined me that bitch and no one will forget about it" I cried out.

"the only person who remembers that is you, everyone has forgotten apart from you and mary Carrey of course" mary replied, tapping my leg gently but repetitively. 

"There is something about that Boleyn girl, she is the other Boleyn girl and so much more. just look into her eyes and heart, you will see it all" mary said as I looked away from her. she knew that meant I agreed as she got up with a beaming smile, as she headed out of my chamber. Then from god knows where my uncle was in my chamber, he sat upon my bed next to me. he wrapped his arm around me, leaning in

"what, where did you -" I started as he pressed two fingers up against my lips silencing me.

"I agree there's something about that Boleyn girl, but the other one is your key at least for now.  trust me" he said and I rolled my eyes,

"it's only cause you want to bed her, am I right," I asked as he tilted his head his eyes narrowing.

"We are family we make sacrifices for one another," he said after a pause as I had gotten off the bed standing in front of him. he took my hand as he rose, drawing me into his arms, in a tight embrace. 

"I heard you are married, to Beatrix of Portugal," I said and he nodded.

"yes before I came, we wed in Portugal and I left her there, to visit you. I will bring her here, soon I just wanted to settle down here" he explained.

"Fredrick was supposed to wed her" I stated,

"but she had to wait at least three more years, and that is three years she could have had at least two children" he explained and I nodded.

"prove it then Carlos, she can provide you with two children by this day in 1525 and if you lose you will do three things I wish you to do," I said and he drew himself closer to me.