(37) Lady & Duke B

5 December 1518

"lady Bessie" I called out as my ladies were leaving my chamber. Bessie stopped and retreated looking at me very nervously. I looked her up and down her tall frame then back to her narrow long face.

"I have heard rumours that you are with child," I said lowering my eyes looking at her stomach which was covered by her fidgeting hands. she gulped loudly as her mouth opened but no worse escaped her thin dry lips.

"the king's child," I added after a tense silence, my eyes staring coldly into her eyes. she stayed silent as she lowered her head, staring at the floor.

"Answer the question, Elizabeth" I cried standing up and swiftly lunging over to her. I was now only inches away from a petrified Bessie.

"I am your queen answer the question at once" I coldly but feebly spoke gripping her chin and sharply tilting her head back. I moved my face even closer to her so I was now breathing down her neck.

"look me in the eye, good old Bessie and speak the truth and nothing but the truth to your beloved queen" I spat as her frantically wandering eyes stood stiff once they lay upon my piercing dull blue eyes.

"I do not know of any rumours, your grace," she said gulping as she began to sweat. I then moved closer to the terrified young Bessie and I suddenly pressed my lips against her own. my hand moving behind her head so she couldn't break away. after a few seconds, I pulled my hands away from her face and drew my lips away from her own. I then looked deeply into her face full of shock as a smirk slithered onto my face as I licked my lips.

"I know you're lying through your teeth Bessie, don't lie to me, im your friend" I harshly spluttered looking at her face still frozen with shock.

"your grace, they are not rumours," she said as I turned away from her disgusted.

"ah you've finally come to your sense haven't we little Bessie Blount," I said with a grin whipping out my face of disgust. I then caressed my hand against Bessie's cheek, her eyes watching my hands as they ran up and down her cheek.

"you are unmarried lady Bessie," I said taking slow steady steps around Bessie then placing my hands lightly on her shoulder as she shudder under my touch. I pushed her down onto a seat as I walked around her to face her once more. I saw her nod from the corner of my eye, I then towered over her as she looked up in fear at me, biting her lip. I placed my thumb under her lip stopping her from biting her lip.

"itty bitty Bessie Blount, so young you are, fresh and naive you are. you are a beautiful girl you know, excellent marriage material, I say. but my sweet little Bessie if this stupid idiotic mistake of yours gets out it will be the end of you. it will be off with your head and if push comes to shove I will do it with my own pure bare white hands "I spat. I had lowered myself down so we were face to face. I sharply raised my hand, slapping her harshly across her face as my anger began to boil over just by the sight of her. I left the room with a strut, anger taking over me, dominating my whole body. I then headed out of the room, I was furious, the most I had ever been in years. then It hit me it was bound to happen at one point, henry getting one of his flimsy mistress pregnant. I headed to my favourite little balcony hidden by a bookcase which both I and henry knew of. I slumped in the chair bitting my lip till I drew blood staring dead at the door, my fists clenched.

"her child won't be a threat to my own and I'll make sure of it" I muttered with a smile. the door then swung open drawing me out of thoughts, nasty thoughts about her. henry entered with stride

"blue" henry said edging closer to me. he then wrapped his arm around me

"what's wrong," Henry asked as I flung his arm off me. he stood back a little slightly taken aback from my abrupt action. he swooped down onto his knees in front of me, lifting my chin. he looked deeply into my eyes with absolute confusion spread on his face.