60. Hate him too.

I might not be able to reply but know that I'm reading every single comment. Thanks for all the love and support. I love you.
😭❤️

TW: Mentions of Rape and sexual assault.

---

Third POV

Amira stared at the paperweight that was resting on the papers. It was a black cuboid, but it caught her attention nonetheless.

Lucian was trying to be focussed on work, while glancing at her from time to time.

He was getting anxious, because apparently she was sitting a little too far away. Amira seemed completely calm, which only worsened his anxiety.

He couldn't see how exactly she was feeling.

About three seconds of looking at the paper before him, he glanced at her again. She had been staring at the paperweight ever since she took a seat. He didn't know exactly what she found fascinating in them, but he noted he'd have to buy her some if that made her happy.

His hand went limp, releasing the hold on the pen that rolled on the paper and stopped when it collided with the pen stand.

Lucian's hand lowered to the top of the drawer. The empty space above the drawers was occupied by a fluffy blanket, folded neatly and kept there.

He had figured she'd feel sleepy sooner than he'd finish his work. Hence the blanket.

His hand rubbed at the soft blanket, tugging at the corners to relieve himself of some of the anxiety.

Didn't work because what happened next threw him into a panicked state.

Amira was staring at the paperweight without blinking, deep in her thoughts. Somehow her thoughts drifted to bad places and she flinched.

That flinch was accompanied by a flinch of Lucian's own tough self. He didn't mean to but he couldn't help it. At this point, he was more than willing to drop all the tough walls and embrace all the worries bothering his sister.

He was willing to let his guard down to shield her from every bad thing.

He kept staring at her. Amira still refused to take her eyes off the shiny thing.

Releasing an inaudible sigh, Lucian tried to focus back on the papers. He could atleast finish as quickly as he could, so he could finally tuck her in and have an excuse to hold her.

"Lucian?" Lucian looked up, a little too quickly for his own liking.

"Yes, Bunny?" He asked, cautiously. Her voice was weirdly soft and shaky.

"C-can you hold me?" She asked. She bit her lip to hold back the tears. This was against her pride but she couldn't tolerate more. Once her mind entered the bad places, it couldn't return from there.

And that just flooded her mind with the worst memories of her life, that still had an effect on her. That left her scarred. The scars pained everytime those scenes replayed in her mind.

Lucian noticed the minimal moisture in her eyes and he found himself nodding quickly. The panic simmered down a little upon hearing this request.

"Of course. Come here," he said. He pushed his wheely chair back and opened his arms.

Amira stood up quickly, refusing to look at her brother as she rounded the desk eagerly. Sitting by herself was indeed a bad decision. She felt cold and unsafe.