41. I love you

I woke up and was surprised to find a room painted with a bright yellow from the sunlight peeking through the curtains.

The second surprise came as a big shock and I nearly shrieked when I turned my head and saw nothing but the black tee Asher was wearing. That's when I noticed the arms entrapping me in a tight embrace and his lips pressed to my head.

Holding me close.

The rhythmic and slow breathing was indication enough to tell me that Asher was still sleeping.

Not daring to move my head more and risk waking him up, I released a breath to relax myself a little.

My hands were to my chest and one of my legs was resting on both of his.

After a long time of waiting, I tried to get myself out of his hold. I shifted a little and froze when a crease formed in between his eyebrows.

Looking at his peaceful face, I noticed I've only seen this look on him when we first met. I've never seen him this relaxed after that.

'Maybe because of all the drama you've caused.'

I sighed and a frown covered my face.

The frown quickly disappeared though. I jumped, shrieked and let out a loud giggle afterwards when a finger was poked into the side of my stomach.

"Hey!" I said, shoving Asher a little.

"I see. My sunshine is shining brightly today," Commented Asher in his morning voice, which sounded much like Lucian's 'you're being disrespectful' voice.

"That's not your-"

Sunshine because you don't own the sun.

I stopped. He was talking about me. That's why I settled with burying my face in my arms, that were now crossed and hid my face well.

"Aww. Now that's cute," He cooed, letting out a heavy chuckle. That embarrassed me more, so I huffed and turned to my side to face away from him.

"It's not," I mumbled, a pout forming on my face without permission.

"Yes it is." Asher pulled me back and hugged me tight for a minute, before releasing his hold.

He swung his feet down and stood up. I stretched and yawned, hearing him walk to the bathroom.

"Go get ready before I'm exposed to some boring lectures." He chuckled, sleepily, as he looked at me, standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

I scoffed and stood up. Lucian has made living freely so difficult.

Trudging out of his room, I jumped back with a yelp when I nearly bumped into someone.

I looked up, only to look away when I found it was Jayden. We stood in silence for a while before he cleared his throat and walked away.

Now that the path was clear, I resumed the journey to my room.

Rose had just walked out of the closet, fully dressed, when I entered.

"Good morning, Levi," she said, smiling sweetly. She walked over to me and hugged me tight. "I panicked last night but Josiah said you were with Asher. Are you okay?"

"Yes I am," I said, placing a kiss on her cheek. "How was the movie?"

"It was good. But I slept ten minutes in," she said, to which I let out a chuckle.

She pulled away and I stared at her for a moment.
"Are you happy?" That was what came out of my mouth.

"What do you mean?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows together.