33. Jayden effect

I looked towards Asher, when his hand found my hair and ruffled them.
"Josiah and Jayden made today's dinner."

I scowled in suspicion.
"What if Jayden messed with it?" I asked.

He chuckled, while Jayden huffed from my other side.

"It's not my fault Asher was busy holding a baby when she was asleep," he retorted, making me snap my head to my other side.

"Did you just call me a baby?" I gritted, about to strangle this sorry excuse of a human to death.

"Yes. What're you gonna do about it?" He mocked, in a baby voice.

"Stop that," I muttered, narrowing my eyes.

"Aww," je said, pouting and tilting his head to the side.

"Don't annoy her." My head snapped towards Rose when she said that.

"Aww Boo. You scared me," Jayden said, pouting, with fake scared expressions.

Rose pouted too and looked at Damien with the same expressions, when he stifled a laugh.

"Sorry," he said, ruffling her hair. She blinked when he did that, but thankfully didn't flinch.

Damien retreated his tattooed hand and smiled.

"You're mean," Rose mumbled, glancing at Jayden then back down.

Jayden just stuck his tongue out. Asher stood up, probably to set up the table. I stood up too and followed him. He glanced back at me over his shoulder and smiled.

"Here." He handed me two plates. I put them before Lucian and Damien.

"Thanks Bunny," Lucian said, surprisingly gentle. He ruffled my hair. I set my hair and was about to turn when another hand ruffled my hair.

"Thanks, Bunny," Damien said, hiding his smirk and intentionally ruffling too hard, so my hair were a mess.

I narrowed my eyes and slapped his hand away, to which he laughed.

Asher put the plates before Rose and Josiah and moved back to the counter. As he piled the mac and cheese onto two more plates, I watched him.

"Go take a seat." He smiled, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

I nodded picking up the two plates. Putting mine on the table, I put the other one before Jayden.

He gasped as he looked at the plate, then looked back at me with amazed expressions. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him weirdly.

He waved his hand, asking me to take another step forward, so he could whisper in my ear. I did.

As soon as I was within reach, his arm wrapped around my neck, pulling me into a headlock, before he started ruining my hair.

"Thanks Bunny," He mocked, placing a loud kiss on my head, then proceeding to ruin my hair again.

I clawed at his bicep and tried to push myself away.

A smack was heard and his grip loosened on me. I stood up straight and huffed, my hair were sticking in every direction. And half of it was flipped forward, so it hid my face.

"Ow." Jayden said, when Asher smacked his head again. Asher just glared at him, then looked at me.

His expressions did a flip and changed into a sweet smile with an amused look in his eyes.

He ran his fingers through my hair gently, stopping when there was a tangle. I pouted, just because my face was hidden behind the curtain.

And the curtain was suddenly lifted as Asher parted my hair and flipped them back. He smoothened them out, then tucked them behind my ears.