45. Catching up.

I'm late but I'm here.
Love you.
❤️❤️
---

Flabbergasted. The happiest kind of flabbergasted was what I would define it as.

We had asked Asher to drop us off at the same park Jayden and Josiah took us for a picnic.

Currently we were standing before Asher, who was leaning against the car with his arms crossed. Lifting his right foot, he crossed his ankles too and gave us a look.

"I'll come pick you up at six sharp. Remember to call one of us every hour and don't do anything to get in trouble. That's all." He listed the expectations.

We nodded, which caused him to drop the emotionless facade and his bright smile to return.

"Alright then. Enjoy your picnic. I love you."

Just as that 'I love you' left his mouth, Levi took the hint and rushed for a hug while I stood there, smiling like an idiot again and being shocked and happy.

Asher was also moving forward for a hug when she rushed forward, so they met each other's embraces halfway.

Asher chuckled when she collided with his chest and proceeded to wrap her in a tight hug.

Will they be mad if I take a picture?
Nah, I don't think so.

Very quietly, I slipped my phone out of my pocket and took a picture quietly.

Just my luck. Asher bent down to kiss her head just in time for the picture.

I want to shriek my head off!

He swayed both of them from side to side, supposedly not wanting to unhug each other. Asher took a deep breath in, causing Levi to follow suit and take a deep breath too. She visibly melted into the hug by the end of that long inhale.

"Okay, sweetheart. I don't want to pull away but I have to because little Rose is waiting for her turn," Asher said, quietly, leaning down to kiss her head again.

Levi gave a small nod and released her hold hesitantly. Asher's hands went from around her back to the sides of her face. He leaned down to place kisses all over her face which earned him a bright smile from Levi.

That was a big reward. Her smile wasn't something you got easily. But Asher seemed to have reached that point easily.

I blinked when my vision was suddenly blocked by a white shirt. Blinking again, I looked up to find Asher looking down at me with a big smile.

"Take care. I love you," he repeated and pulled me into a hug. A warm one.

Josiah's hugs are a little different. They provide the same warmth, just friendlier. Asher has more of a fatherly warmth.

I melted into the hug immediately, listening to his big heart thumping in a calming rhythm.

He bent down to kiss my head.
"Send that picture to me too," he whispered, chuckling when I tensed up a little but immediately relaxed.

I thought I didn't make it noticeable!

He pulled away and showered kisses all over my face too. My gaze drifted to my twin standing behind him and a smile appeared on my face when I saw her smiling wide while looking at me.

"Okay. Bye Babies," Asher said, as he moved to get in the car.

We waved our hands, lowering them when the car started moving.

Well I did. Levi didn't lower her hand until it was out of view. Her eyebrows furrowed the slightest bit.

"Already missing your favorite brother, huh?" I nudged her, snapping her out of her daze and causing the small almost unnoticeable pout on her face to vanish.