29. Boo

"Now, I want you to tell me what you were thinking about." He said. My head snapped towards him again as I searched his face for any hint of a joke in it. There was none.

"Whenever you think you're slipping down the memory lane. Just start telling instead of focusing on the picture playing in your mind. Being out of it like this can be dangerous," he said, nodding his head, confirming he was indeed serious.

I nodded, which made him smile.
"I'm almost done. How about we go sit there and talk?" He said, pointing to the table.

"Okay," I said.

'Why would he be interested in what you have to say? Wouldn't they be jealous of your Dad for being so important to you?'

I sighed and looked up, jumping when I saw Asher looking at me closely. He extended his hand which I took and jumped down.

Leading me to the table, he took a seat at his usual chair. I went to pull my hand out of his and move to sit beside him.

Asher had different plans.

He pulled me and set me on his lap, carefully, so I was wrapped in his arms tightly.

I looked at him and gulped.
"So what did you see?" He asked, smiling sweetly, effectively comforting me.

"Dad made Lasagne once." I started the story.

At one point I got so engrossed in telling everything, that I didn't notice someone entering and sitting across from us, on Damien's seat.

Like I know someone entered and I made eye contact with them but I didn't pay any attention to who it was.

And when I ended with that childish handwave and the loud, 'they did the wedding kiss!', I slapped my hand on my mouth when I heard Asher's loud laugh and a soft stifle from across us.

I whipped my head around, but all I saw was an emotionless face.

My eyes widened in surprise and my eyebrows raised.

Suprise one, Lucian was here. Surprise two, I swear I heard him stifle a laugh. It was barely audible but I heard it.

The first thing I thought of doing was pushing Asher away and sitting in a chair properly. But Asher tightened his hold and laughed at my misery.

My next thought was to hide as I felt my ears heat up in embarrassment. I did just that. I stopped fighting and turned my head to bury my face in his chest, the sides of his shirt clenched tightly in my fists.

My nose felt the vibrations when his chuckles resonated in his chest. I grunted in annoyance. He should've just let me up.

"Come on, Sweetie. That's your brother. You don't have to be embarrassed," Asher said, trying to pull away. I kept my head there, not letting him push me away and see my embarrassed face.

"Let me get off then," I muttered, quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

"Okay," he said, slowly releasing his hold on me. I jumped off and stood up straight, facing away from them. Giving myself a little pep talk, I gathered the courage to turn around and prepare to run out of the door.

"Stop," Lucian said, when I was about five steps away from the door.

"Yes?" I asked, turning around and looking at his nose.

Lucian opened his mouth then closed it again. He frowned, looking at Asher. They shared a look, with Asher giving him a what could be called a pointed look. Lucian sighed and turned to me again.

He has shown more emotions by the turning of his head and talking to Asher through his eyes than he has ever shown on his face.

"Nothing," Lucian said, shaking his head slightly.