37. Verlice

I can't give you all enough love for how much you support me. Thank you for supporting in different ways. You make me so happy. I'm grateful.
😭❤️
---

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. Jayden had just ruined my mood.

The school was huge. Tall trees surrounding the campus, which was in parts. Middle school, high school and a whole fucking building for a library!

Rose squealed when she saw how big the library was and she would've ran off and never be found again if Josiah hadn't caught her.

Now she's trying to suppress her excitement and possibly thinking about talking to Lucian. To ask for permission if she could stay there after school every day.

And now Jayden just said we were supposed to sit with him during Lunch.

"Lucian didn't mention that. Nor did Damien." I scoffed. Who the fuck does he think he is to order us like that?

"Because I'm in-charge here. I'm the oldest." He turned to narrow his eyes at me. Rose, who was walking beside him, craned her neck to look up at him.

I clenched my jaw and unintentionally tightened my grip on Josiah's hand, which I have no idea I was holding.

"Our guardian didn't say that. He only informed us that Damien will be telling us the rules and that he did," I said. Rose nodded in agreement.

"Can't you just listen for once, Bunny?" Jayden grumbled.

"No," I said, rolling my eyes. "As long as Lucian doesn't ask us to sit with you, we won't. And he must have a valid reason if he decides to force us."

"I think she's right, Jayden," Josiah butted in, giving his twin a knowing look. Jayden didn't understand that and was about to say something.

"We can't keep them with us all the time and stop them from stepping out of the bubble." Josiah cut him off. That caused Jayden to falter in his step a bit and frown.

"Okay," Jayden grumbled. He pushed open the door after he stopped abruptly.

"When will you learn how to knock, Mr. Mazzanti?" The person inside said in an annoyed tone.

"Why, Liza? Were you doing something that you shouldn't?" Jayden said. Josiah rolled his eyes as he entered behind Rose.

I entered last and saw a middle aged pretty woman sitting behind the mahogany desk with a scowl on her face. She had her elbow on the arm of the chair and her hand on the side of her face.

She was fit and beautiful but you could tell she was in her late thirties or early forties.

"Oh shut it, kid. Go do your homework," she snapped, getting more annoyed by Jayden's calm cool exterior.

Rose and I stood on Josiah's both sides, watching the exchange.

"How's Alessia, by the way? She free tonight?" Jayden asked. His palms were flat against the desk as he leaned forward with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up." Josiah smacked his head. "Good morning, Liza. Please ignore my twin."

"Morning, Josiah. Please keep him locked up somewhere. I don't want him being bad influence on my daughter."

"I'm sorry for his behavior." Josiah threw a pointed look towards Jayden to which he rolled his eyes. "Meet my sisters. They need their timetables and subject selection forms."

He raised his hands to rest them between our shoulder blades and pushed us forward.

The lady finally lowered her gaze to look at us. She smiled warmly when she looked at Rose then Josiah then back at Rose.