Chapter-13

I apologize to all my readers for updating after a long time. Life hasn't been easy for a while so I had to take some time off. Anyways, enjoy! I'll be updating as much as I can and Thanks for being with me!

Y/N POV-

I'm in Korea, my mother once told me that we lived there when I was a kid but we had to move.

"Any other questions, Miss Y/N?" Merlin asked again. Never in my life, I've seen someone so professional in their work. She was clearly only-business-talks. Should I apologize that I spoke to Chayoung? But why should I? I was not in this hell with my own will in the first place.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I will try to answer in my best interest possible," she replied while looking at my curious eyes.

"Ahm, I just want to....do you......by any chance, Well! my question is where's Yumin's mother?" I didn't know how to mould the question in a way she doesn't be suspicious of me and my upcoming plan.

"We don't have any information about that Miss Y/N. The only thing we know is that Sir is a single parent, he loves his son and it would be best if you comprehend the situation as well."

So what I was thinking was right, maybe his wife left him after she disclosed his dangerous side. Whatever the scenario is, the one thing is for sure that he doesn't have anyone to stop him. He, himself is the king of this kingdom and I'm his slave.

"If you don't have any other questions, you can either go to the library at the left corner next to the living area or you can rest in your room. I'm sorry but I can't let you stand here. It's an order that you never come in front of Yumin, or if by any effort, try to talk to him."

I can't go to my room. I need to find a plan to escape from here today positively, "I'll go to the library."

I said as she guided me towards the library, nonchalantly closing the door. I don't know why she is acting so polite. Isn't she a woman herself? How could she let this happen to another woman? She left me there, inside a cell of expensive literature and crystal decanters, but it was still a cage.

My thoughts were filled with JK. Does he really mean what he said to me in the dining room? Is he really going to rape me tonight? After all the things he did to me, his threat doesn't seem unreal.

I need to stay active. Find a way to escape. Find my freedom from JK.

I moved further, looking for a window from where maybe I could escape but there was none, except for a small one with iron bars plastered on it just like stripes. I looked outside, I saw guards, all dressed in black and fully armed. No other residence was in sight, it was a completely barren area, I could see trees, forming a large surrounded forest.

I cannot just run from here, even if I get successful, I doubt that I will be able to cross this huge forest. Not to mention, there are more than fifty guards guarding the whole mansion.

There's only one thing that I could do, that is to take notes in my mind about when guards go for a break or something, and then plan my escape accordingly. If not today then maybe tomorrow, I will escape and I need to know about how this place works.

Hours ticked past on a big antique clock in the corner, chiming my life away every fifteen minutes and gonging my doom every hour.

Nothing, no movement, I had been sitting near the window for last nine hours but the guards never left once. It's 7 PM already and I haven't got a single clue about escaping from this place. I only saw tiny sparrows, preening their feathers in the fountain. They were free- I was not.

I cannot escape like this, the night of terror is coming with a parade in my mind. In few hours, JK would be here and my life would not be the same as it is now. He would abuse me with no conscience, my pride will be humiliated.

My stomach grumbled as the sun set over rolling Busan countryside. 

There, I saw a movement, something that I was waiting to happen, something out of the ordinary. I saw Chayoung going out of the mansion with grocery bags and the guards doesn't even glance her a look. Maybe it was her routine, she may go for groceries every week or so, that's why they are unbothered.

I saw a car drive to the front and she get inside after placing the grocery bags in the back seat with her and they drove off. I could think of a plan out of this. If she goes for groceries every week then I can maybe escape with her. I doubt if all the guards here recognize me, they can consider me as another maid.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Time tickled, my heart squeezed as two black sedans drove sedately down the long gravel driveway and stopped in front of the mansion. I saw Chayoung getting out of the car as guards help her to unload the groceries. I checked the time, it was 8 pm. She was back in an hour.

A guard stepped forward and opened the rear door of the other car and I felt the world around me stop. JK came out, and there was another man with him, he is my tackler, the one whom I thought to be my saviour.

Oh no, JK is here. Him. He was back. In the mansion and I'm still inside.

He tilted his head toward the library, searching for me, no doubt. Merlin must have told him everything. He loosened the tie around his neck as his eyes found me, the look of stiffness and lust etched his features. I moved away from the window instantly, hiding myself as my breathing hastened.

He told me to be naked, he was ready to rape me today. I sensed it in his eyes and now what? I'm here, at his mercy and I will not be able to do anything. I smashed at my eyes, warning them to stay dry. I cannot cry, I have to save myself.

If not escape, then inside his own hell, I will conceal myself.

The elements of a door and walls helped contain the rising panic attack. I stepped towards the door, locking it from inside. I pushed the chest of drawers across the door and huddled in the middle of the library, across a big table.

I know, it's his house, he could come anywhere he wants to but this would at least give me some time, it will delay all the torturous activities he was about to do with me.

A/N: Please vote, it motivates me to write more.