36 | anguish of betrayal

Start from the beginning

He knew they suspected Nico as the traitor. Giovanni played the part of the loving father and the best brother far too much - just like his wife Mia played the soft-hearted wife and mother. Their youngest brother, Nico, on other hand, was more the black sheep of the family. He was alone and had no family to care for. Nico also 'betrayed' them in the past and was banned from engaging in the mafia business. In reality, it was Giovanni and Nico loved his older brother so much that he took the blame years ago.

Speaking of Nico Romano, he had spotted his second older brother entering the tunnel five minutes ago. Ones that he, Giovanni, and Luca used to play in when they were younger when they didn't want their parents to catch them, all these years ago.

His eyebrows furrowed as he was instantly suspicious. Ever since he took the blame years ago, he kept his eye on him in case he got out of hand again, even if Gio promised Nico he wouldn't betray their eldest brother ever again.

He waited for a few minutes before following so that Gio wouldn't know he had trailed behind. He followed his footsteps on the extremely dusty ground to find himself in the kitchen in the other wing.

The wing where all of them were forbidden from.

Nico's heart clenched with the anguish of betrayal. Again. This time he wasn't going to take the blame. Gio had to face the afterward of his own actions. Once he saw his nieces out of it, one lying on the floor, he quickly realized he was up to something more sinister than he thought.

Nico was a strong and large man, almost the same size as Alex, so he easily took Apollo on one of his shoulders and Noah on another one. He carried them to their respective rooms and their beds.

He went out back into the bedroom hallway and strained his ears for a noise - something to expose his brother's whereabouts.

He paused when he heard some sudden loud grunting coming from the room next to Apollo's. It sounded like someone just coming off. His stomach dropped when he read Ariana's name on the door.

He didn't hesitate to slam the door open and he never felt this much horror to find his older brother with his pants down on his fourteen years old niece who he once loved and played with she was a toddler, with a knife raised above his head - ready to strike.

In a fury, he ran and slammed into him to be sprawled together on the floor. Gio tried to fight but there was no hope for him, due to Nico's fifty pounds of muscles on him. The knife slid across the floor from his hand as Nico pinned Gio down.

"What the fuck was you doing?" Nico snarled, spit going on Gio's face who scrunched his nose up. "If I knew you were a disgusting pervert, I would never even consider taking the blame these years ago!"

When he didn't reply and just grinned back, he jerked his shirt again.

Still, no reaction except a wide smile that gave Nico creeps. He gave a bitter chuckle. "You know, Luca will make your life hell, right?"

Gio laughed. "Not if you take the blame."

Nico felt pure disgust when he looked at his brother, so unlike yesterday when they were just laughing. Gio was such a good actor. Nico never thought he was capable of this. "You think I'll cover you up again when you raped our fourteen years old niece!? She's a kid!" He slammed Gio's head against the floor. "She's a fucking kid! You disgust me. What's the fuck is wrong with you?"