Chapter 88

The prestigious Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, around for centuries, was, in short, full of ducks.

There were ducks everywhere. Remus couldn't open a classroom door without a few waddling out.

The spell was a fairly simple one, bur quite irreversible except for the caster themselves. Each time someone attempted to cast a spell, a duck seemed to appear out of thin air.

Sirius was having a laugh, finally delighted to share Potions class with Snape.

The potion required light in order to be activated correctly.

"Lumos," Snape muttered, his wand almost touching the top of the potion.

A small burst of light and a duckling with a bright yellow beak appeared in the potion, swimming and quacking happily.

"What-?" He stumbled back, surprised, then shot a vanishing spell at the tiny duck.

Another duck, this time medium-sized with misty eyes.

Remus was having a hard time controlling his laughter, but Sirius wasn't trying at all.

"Oi Snivellous is that a duck mate?" Sirius called across the room, a familiar twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

"Fuck off, Black."

"Just a question."

Snape was panicking now, not knowing what he was doing wrong. He raised his wand at Sirius, angry and confused.

Slughorn finally caught wind of what was going on and yelled a shield spell to block the curse Snape shot.

A mad-looking duck from Snape and a very large duck with black wings from Slughorn.

Remus erupted into laughter now, along with the entire class.

He tried to savour the moment.

The joy on Sirius's face. The look of bewilderment from the professor. The excitement in his stomach.

Their last prank.

~~~

The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was the best experience of Remus Lupin's life.

For many, this was the case.

When anybody, near or far, who went to Hogwarts, thought of their childhood days lounging below the oak trees near the lake or studying quietly in the dusty library, they had the sudden incredible feeling of nostalgia.

And the marauders were no exception.

The moment that they all stepped off the Hogwarts Express for the last time was so bittersweet that Remus felt he could taste it.

"You all will visit, right?" Peter said, his eyes watering.

Sirius's eyes were glistening with tears, the beautiful bluish grey shining through. The amount of times Remus stared at those eyes was overwhelming. Those goddamn ocean eyes.

"Only if you visit us." He said, grinning.

An excited buzz seemed to be settled over all of the graduated seventh years. The Marauders left King's Cross station, unknowing what lay in store for the future.

~~~

*VERY SHORT CHAPTER BUT ITS OK HEHE ANYWAYS THEY ARE OFFICIALLY OUT OF HOGWARTS WHICH IS VERY SAD BUT IM EXCITED FOR THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS :))*