Chapter 72

*I highly recommend listening to these songs, in this order, while reading: Dancing Queen by ABBA, Somebody to Love by Queen, Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles, Hey Remus by the Whomping Willows, All The Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople. This makes it so much better and it feels like you're actually in the story, it's worth it. Also I love you guys, thanks so much for reading x*

The weather was not slowing down as the year entered the spring months, and the rain kept coming. In fact, even James didn't want to practice quidditch, even though normally he would come back from certain games or practices completely drenched.

The wind and rain pounded against the windows, sounding like drums. Lily had put on an ABBA record, and was dancing and laughing with Marlene and Mary in the boy's dorm. Peter was beating James in a game of Wizard's Chess, and Dorcas was watching intently, getting more disappointed by the seconds, as she had been betting on James to win.

Sirius was sitting against the headboard on Remus's bed, strumming his new electric guitar peacefully with his eyes closed, showing off his finally perfected eyeliner.

"Anybody could be that guy, night is young and the music's high..."

Lily, Mary, and Marlene sang together, twirling to the music. Remus watched with a smile on his face, enjoying his friend's company.

"You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen!"

The chorus came on and the girls screamed along, laughing at the other's faces in the room.

Lily's red hair swirled around her face, her bright smile lighting up the room. James looked up and grinned at his girlfriend, Dorcas having a similar look on her face as she watched Marlene.

The song ended, the friends gasping for breath and collapsing onto the sofa. James strode over to the record player and sorted through the albums, eventually finding the one he wanted, and carefully placed it into the player.

"Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

Freddie Mercury's smooth voice filled the room as James extended his hand to Lily.

The pair danced together, gazing into each other's eyes as the song played.

"Ooh somebody, ooh somebody. Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

They moved perfectly in sync, slow dancing and their smiles becoming larger with every note. As the last notes were sung, James dipped Lily, making her throw her head back in laughter and pull his mop of hair towards her face, kissing him hard.

"Somebody find me, find me love..."

The two left the dorm, hand in hand and blushing as though they had just started dating again.

Peter sighed, accepting that he had lost his chess partner, and headed out of the dormitory as well, probably towards the kitchens. Mary followed, muttering that she was starving.

Dorcas had already put on the next song, and was looking at Marlene with such love in her eyes.

"Here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright."

Marlene smiled up at her girlfriend and sang along, standing and swaying to the music.

Sirius, excited that he knew the song, strummed along to it on the guitar, taking care not to mess up the notes.

"Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here."

Dorcas kissed Marlene's freckled cheek lightly, making her usual hardened face soften and blush.

"I love you, little darling." Marlene whispered, just barely. The two girls suddenly looked around and noticed Remus and Sirius in the room.

Dorcas giggled and led her girlfriend out of the room by her hands, still singing.

Sirius kept strumming with the song until it ended, making the room feel very quiet.

"Oh, Remus, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Remus!"

He looked up, surprised, and locked eyes with Sirius.

The dark haired boy was singing and playing multiple chords at once, he had obviously practiced the song before.

"Hey, Remus. Been waiting here for years, And that took me too long. It's hard to feel alright, when everything is wrong. I'm telling you tonight that my feelings are still strong, Remus."

Remus cracked a small smile, trying not to blush furiously.

"Oh, Remus, what a pity you don't understand. You take me by the heart when you take me by the branch. Oh, Remus, you're so pretty, you don't understand, it's wolves like you, Remus."

Sirius set the guitar aside, walking over and pulling Remus up from the ground.

"What are you-"

"Hey Remus, hey Remus! You're so fine, you're so fine it blows my mind, hey Remus."

They spun quicker and quicker, the room spinning behind Sirius as they looked at each other. Remus's stomach had butterflies more than ever before. They finally stopped spinning and he stumbled, falling into Sirius. The attractive boy grinned and steadied him.

"Hey, Remus."

Sirius looked deep into Remus's eyes, and Remus saw once again those ocean eyes.

They were like undertow, pulling him in and not letting him out. The rain crashed down outside, but neither of them noticed.

Those goddamn ocean eyes.

"I'm in love with you." Remus whispered, drawing close to Sirius's ear. He felt a shudder. Remus kissed his neck slowly and felt Sirius smile as he removed his trousers.