Chapter 9

⚠️ TW ⚠️
Drinking
Smoking

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead!" James slid open his curtains, letting the sunlight stream in.

"What for?" Remus grumbled. He was having a very enjoyable dream, but he couldn't remember what of.

"What do you mean, 'what for'?" Peter laughed. "Happy Birthday!"

"Here ya go, Remus ol' pal!" Sirius threw a present at his face.

Remus felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. They shouldn't have gotten him presents, especially since Remus hadn't gotten them anything for Christmas, and had received piles of chocolate frogs.

"Thanks, mate" he said, smiling.

He eagerly upwrapped the present, tearing at the paper.

Inside, a jar full of ointment.

"Thanks?"

"For your scars!" Sirius said excitedly. "It makes them fade, a bit. I made it myself!"

"Wow. Thank you, Sirius. That's... incredibly nice of you. I can't believe it." Remus was shocked. Sirius didn't seem to notice.

"There's more in there, you know." Sirius was unable to contain his excitement.

Remus gasped as he withdrew a sweater sewn with gold and silk.

"Is this...real gold?" Remus's eyes were the size of Quaffles.

"Of course. I'm not a cheap ass, Remus." Sirius smirked. "Try it on!"

Remus pulled the sweater on, feeling the unbelievable softness of the silk, and the slight heaviness of the golden threads. It made him want to fall asleep immediately. He didn't know how he could tell Sirius how grateful he was.

"Thank you. I'm serious. Thank you."

Sirius's already bright eyes twinkled.

"No, I'm Sirius!"

They all groaned while Sirius laughed his head off.

"Next!" Remus said, mimicking Sirius on his last birthday.

Peter handed him his.

Remus opened it quickly, fully awake now.

Inside were about 20 different boxes of chocolate, along with a pile of Chocolate Frogs.

"Thanks, Peter! This'll last me until my next birthday!" Remus said, chuckling.

"There's more on the way, too! I sent the owl too late, and it's coming next week." Peter grinned.

"Thanks so much, mate!"

James gave him his next present.

Remus was brimming with excitement now. He loved presents! As far as he knew, he had never gotten them before Christmas, and the frogs weren't even wrapped.

In the box was 5 more presents, wrapped invidually.

Remus smiled. "Inside these better not be more presents!"

James chuckled.

Inside the wrappings were books, filled with knowledge about different magical creatures and other magical things.

"I know how much you love books, and you seem like the type to love animals, so I hope you like it!" James's pure face was full of excitement.

"Of course I do! This is incredible!" Remus was on the brink of crying. "Come here, you wankers!"