Chapter 81

Mistletoe is often hung in a place where many people pass through or stand by. When Sirius said he was going to get an early start on the Christmas decorations, Remus didn't know that meant covering the entire common room in mistletoe. It was practically a forest filled with people kissing left and right.

Normally Remus would have been fine with it, and maybe even snuck in a kiss for Sirius, but an annoying sixth year girl whose name he couldn't quite place kept trying to catch him under it. He had now taken to not spending any time in the common room in fear that she would sneak up behind him and demand a kiss.

He wasn't sure why anyone would want to kiss him, and he was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he was dating Mr. Perfect. After all, he knew his scars were the first thing people saw when they looked at him. His lips were probably the last thing on anyone's mind.

But still the sixth year continued to be frankly bothersome, so he stayed in the dormitory. After all, he got plenty of kisses anyways, with or without the mistletoe.

Lily and Remus took most of their classes together, and they always studied together. Remus refused to study in the common room anymore, so they were in the dormitory, quietly quizzing each other on healing potions. James was in the bathroom, Sirius was sleeping, and Peter was waiting on James to start a chess game.

Finally, James came out of the shower, his body steaming from the hot water. He had only a red towel wrapped around his waist covering himself. At first, he didn't see Lily, and he walked right in, about to take the towel off and change. He stopped suddenly, his face turning bright red.

Lily giggled as James stood in the middle of the dormitory, unmoving. She had seen him without a shirt before, of course, but it had caught him by surprise, and he was just about to strip naked.

"Are you going to get your clothes on, James, or just stand there?" Remus asked as he flipped through the potions book in front of him.

"I can't drop the towel." The boy replied, still staring at his girlfriend. "You want me to drop the towel?"

"Yes please, you absolute stag." A muffled sleepy voice came from Sirius's bed.

Remus and Peter burst out laughing, unable to control themselves, while James and Lily make awkward blushing eye contact.

"Er- I'd better go. See you boys later." Lily says hurriedly, her cheeks pink.

"This is why I love you, Pads." Remus said, still chuckling once the girl had left.

Peter raised his eyebrows slightly, glancing at James before returning to setting up the chess set.

James knitted his eyebrows together, squinting at Remus, and exchanging looks with Peter. He broke into a huge smile.

"Yes! Pete agrees! I knew it, you two are having sex!" He exclaimed proudly, pumping a fist in the air.

"We are? Moony, you should have told me, I would have woken up." Sirius's voice drifted again from his bed.

James and Peter laughed and shook it off, although their faces were still suspicious.

Meanwhile, Remus was freaking out. His heart was beating fast, his palms were sweaty, and his face had a blank shocked expression. How could Sirius be so cool about what James had said? How could he just brush it off?

"We aren't fucking!" He blurted suddenly about three minutes later.

James turned around and gave him a quizzical smile. "Okay?"

"Sorry. Ignore that. I-It was a lyric. From a song."

"Right."

Sirius was holding back laughter and trying not to make eye contact with his boyfriend.

Remus glanced over and shot him a glare, earning a handsome smirk back, his eyes twinkling.

God, how he loved those ocean eyes. He would for the rest of his life.