✾ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 25ᴛʜ✾

Start from the beginning

"J-James, I love it, thank you" I whispered, pressing my lips to his softly, not caring about the morning breath. He smiled against my lips, cupping my cheeks with his large hands when we pulled away. He reached down, picking up the ring and sliding it on to my left ring finger.

"Hm...this finger is going to be quite heavy in the future" He murmured, my pink lips parting when he lifted it up to his mouth, brushing his lips over the ring. I smiled, running my hand through his hair afterwards, my fingers tracing down to his cheek before I leaned forward capturing his lips again, my mind going dizzy from the tingling feeling.

"I'm so in love with you" I sighed softly against his lips, resting my forehead on his, his glasses a little bit crooked. I didn't care, that's what made him, him. James wouldn't be James without his crooked glasses and grin, "You want yours?"

"Do you even need to ask?" He chuckled, my heart warming at my boy who was just like a child at heart. I leaned under his bread, bringing out the wrapped gift and handing it over to him.

"I-its not much, I found it when I was in Diagon Alley with Mia last week, she was helping me collect the presents, because you know my minds been all over the place with mum and dad-"

"Lunes, darling, I adore it. Thank you" He cut me off my ramblings, glancing down at the small gold bracelet, a man's bracelet, with JP and ML engraved on the inside. Mia thought it was quite funny when you thought of it, James Potter and Melody Lupin. James and Melody, Prongs and Lunes. Obviously she had no idea what the nicknames meant but our initials also matched for the other names too.

"You do?" I breathed out, a sigh of relief escaping my lips when he handed me the bracelet, gesturing for me to put it on him. Perfect fit.

"Elody you could give me a hug for Christmas and i'd be thrilled. This is- this is amazing" He replied, connecting our lips together as the door banged open.

"Look! They are sleeping together I knew it!" Sirius yelled, the two of us staring at him blankly as Monty came storming into the room, frowning when he turned back to Sirius, "Hey I said sleeping, you assumed" He said in defence, eyeing our clothes.

"More importantly dad, you came in when you thought-"

"Who wants hot chocolate?" Monty cut James off, all of us nodding eagerly as everyone gathered in the hallway, he turned to Remus and I, raising his eyebrows.

"We'll make it, Monty, don't worry" We chorused together, all of them shivering, "Great minds think a like, huh?" We continued, Sirius pretending to cry and back away from the room.

"Fucking six in the morning, in the holidays, who fucking thought of that" Regulus grumbled, trudging in and collapsing on top of James and I, James pulling him up higher, and rubbing his palm over Regulus' nose, causing me to laugh.

"Rub, rub, rub"

"Get the fuck off me, you absolute idiot" Regulus growled, trying to swat James' hand away as he continued to rub his nose in a circular motion, laughing.

"Cheer up Reggie, it's Christmas. No one does Christmas like the Potters" James chirped proudly, puffing out his chest. Adorable.

"Come on, you two" I chuckled, sliding out of the bed and sliding my feet into my slippers, beginning to make my way down to the kitchen of the manor, Remus already starting the hot chocolate.

"Merry Christmas, dear" Mia greeted as I immediately walked over to and wrapped my arms around her, nuzzling my head into her neck, completely melting into her motherly stature.