I could hear the corks and seals popping off bottles left and right and I only prayed that they were smart enough to cover their tracks.

"Why are we cooped up in here and not drinking? Since when do we ever have the manor to ourselves?"

"We're the smart ones, that's why. Do you think the houselves aren't going to report everything back to Abraxas?" Bellatrix scoffed in response to Narcissa's bored comment.

"Well shouldn't we warn them?" Narcissa gasped and jumped up, shaking the cushions of the two man couch we were sitting on. I looked over to her with confusion, for someone who grew up in the Black household, she truly feared no consequences.

"And then get caught for trying to protect them? C'mon, Cissy. They know better, Lucius, knows better." Bellatrix spoke knowingly, taking the words directly from my mouth and I could feel my cousin slump beside me in defeat. Knowing she was right, the both of us looked at each other, her expression held fear, while mine held disappointment.

It was a gross world we lived in, every man for themselves, no exceptions, especially when we were no longer at Hogwarts.

Looking away from my cousin, a figure rushing past the entrance and towards the door caught my attention, and the second I recognized the drunk footsteps I jumped off the couch, knowing that he was up to no good.

"Excuse me," I apologised as I swiftly left the room, catching Cal just as he was mid slipping through the large entrance doors.

I was surprised he was able to open them without them shaking the entire manor, he was close to getting away, but not close enough.

"Mate, don't" I whispered out a plea as I looked around hesitantly, scouring for the ridiculous house elf that was certainly lurking around the corners. When the Malfoy parents were home it was a different story, the elves didn't have time for anything else except for their constant tasks, yet when their 'owners' aren't home, they're bloody snitches.

Cal jumped back with instant fear, placing his body weight on the foot that was outside, on the frozen porch, causing for it to slip beneath his pressure and for him to fall into the splits.

When he began loudly groaning out in pure agony I quickly shoved him fully outside the manor and followed behind him before softly closing the loud, heavy doors.

"What is wrong with you? Get yourself together!" I finally seethed at him. I understood he was under a lot of stress, we all were, but for him to get this drunk and stupid was sloppy and unacceptable.

He's been a mess the whole break, drinking and snorting left and right. He was even attending meetings under all sorts of influences, making him one of the many victims to the Dark Lord who was easily able to search into his head while in the vulnerable state.

"Mate I fucked up, and I gotta fix it," Cal slurred and I rolled my eyes with annoyance, I didn't have time for his soppy drunk confessions, and we certainly didn't have time to solve whatever he ruined.

"She needs our help." He sighed again as he slowly began picking himself off the porch, grabbing the post beside him to keep him up and stable.

I audibly groaned when I registered what he meant, he was speaking about Dee, without a doubt.

"Take a lap and sober up." I demanded, still periodically checking over my shoulder to ensure our safety, we didn't have any estimate of what time the Malfoy parents would be returning, and I could only imagine the repercussions of getting caught outside of the manor with Cal this wasted.

Ignoring my comment he finally stood himself up and sighed out as if he just ran a marathon before shaking his head no.

"Mate, you're too drunk, how the hell do you expect to help her like this. Take a walk or a cold shower then go to sleep."