WHAT COMES FREE

JENNIE

It's been a month that Lisa was discharged. She stays at her Mom's house so someone can look after her. They also hired a private nurse for her.

I really want to be with her. I want to be by her side and take care of her. But she always avoids me. When she calls our children through my mother or Mikhail, she would say she needs to rest already whenever she hears my voice. She doesn't want to talk to me yet. I want to fix this.

Her parents and Rosé tried talking to her already so many times. But they said, Lisa just cries and begs that she wants to be alone. We can't force her. She is still recovering from the transplant and she must have a peaceful environment.

I always pray every night for her fast recovery. I pray that her vision will be back soon. Rosé told me that Lisa is always in tears because of being blind and weak. I never stopped sending her voice messages of encouragement but she and never responded to me. Her sister told me that Lisa listens to it every night.

I always think of her. I can't take this anymore. I really want to talk to her.

I drove myself going to their house. I don't know what's going to be the result of this but I can no longer prolong our separation. I need to fix this too. Pride is no longer in my heart. My silent anger vanished. All I want is for us to be together again.

Why did you reject her, Jennie? Why did you let this happen when you know that you are really willing to be with her even if fear surrounds you?

I walked in and her Mom hugged me.

"Try to talk to her, Jen. She's been so down. I don't know what to do anymore. If there's someone who knows her well, it's you, Jen." Mom is crying.

I knocked on her door. I waited for few more minutes until she opened it.

She has a cane on her hand to guide her way. She knows what she's doing. I also found a book for the blind. She knows how to use this because she was the one who guided our Marcus when he was younger. She learned it herself so she could teach Marcus how to read through it. Yeah. Even if Lisa was not a good partner to me, she also had her own ways of showing her love to our children before. Not too expressive but she learned in the long run.

She sat on the edge of the bed. I pulled a chair and sat in front of her. I caressed her jaw and she rubbed her skin on my hand while her tears are falling. My heart is being crushed.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Here, trying to recover. My body is doing well but the sadness in my mind consumes me. I don't know what is going to happen next in my life." She said in a hopeless tone.

"Don't say that. You will be better. Let me take care of you, Lisa. Please let me do my responsibilities and obligations to you." I begged.

"Why? Because you are still my wife on papers? Jennie, never do that. We know that we can't be together anymore. I want you to have your peace, Jen. Your life should not revolve around me. I am not your responsibility. You have to live with your happiness. I love you and I really want you to be happy. I am sorry if I didn't treat you right. I am so sorry for not doing my best to get you back. I don't want you to be with me because you just feel sorry for me.
Jen, go on with your life. Do not regret. You have your own decision. You are not accountable on what happened to me. I don't want to steal your right to live based on your choices and likes. I am no longer that selfish Lisa you met years ago.

Do you know how much I want to bring back time now and correct all my mistakes? I shouldn't have taken you for granted. Jen, you deserve someone better.