I AM NOT GIVING YOU A CHOICE

JENNIE

After the doctor made sure that my ankle and all my tests are fine, he told us that I can go home now but I have to take a rest until the pain on my leg is gone. Lisa took her car from the company. She told me to wait for her so we can go home when she comes back. But I took a cab with my son when she left even if I can't walk properly.

My heart is feeling so empty right now.

I think what I found out opened my mind even if my heart is in so much pain.

When I arrived home, I talked to Rosé and told her everything that happened. She is crying. I decided to pack my clothes and my children's as well.

Rosé offered their house. I accepted it. I'll just rest for a while at their house and maybe go home to my parents at the province once I feel fine.

While we are loading our stuff inside Rosé's car, Lisa arrived.

"Jennie, where were you? You scared the hell out of me not finding you and Marcus at the hospital. I told you to—." She couldn't finish her word when she realized what we are doing. I am not looking at her but I could feel the nervousness in her voice.

I went inside the house to get my children's milk and other things left. She followed me and her eyes looked frightened.

"What is this? Where are you going?" She asked and started to cry.

"What's the difference when we're here? This is the right decision, Lisa. You can't even spend time with us anymore." I said softly. The usual Jennie who never screams even if I am so mad and hurt inside.

She held my hand and stopped me from taking the things left.

"Jen, let's talk. Please." Lisa in her begging voice.

I took a deep breath and leaned my butt on the counter table inside Kylie's room. I looked at her straight to the eyes.

"So, you have been seeing Nancy? How long?" I asked.

"Jennie, I am sorry. I just felt so alone. She was there to listen to me since I found out the truth about my mother." She said crying. I sighed because I'm hurting.

"Do you hear yourself, Lisa? What are we here? We are your family. I am your wife! If there's one person who understands you, it's me with all my heart. I always check on you. I never failed to ask you what you feel so we can talk it out but you love to escape and find comfort from another person." I said in my cracking voice and holding my tears back.

"Jennie, I am changing. Please don't leave me." She's about to kneel but I stopped her.

"Don't do that. I still have questions." I said and guided her to stand up.

"That child. Is she yours? Did something happen to you and Nancy while I was pregnant with Marcus?" I asked while feeling the pain inside me. I am so scared of her answer. But if it's hers, I can't do anything about it anymore.

"No. She is Nancy's daughter with her ex-husband." She said.

"She's not your child. But how can you swallow not being here on your daughter's birthday and rather be with them? Your children have been aiming for your love, Lisa." I said. My tear fell and I wiped it immediately. I have to look brave now.

"I know. I'm stupid. Jennie, I am sorry. I promise, if you're giving me a chance, I will change. You'll see. Jen, let's not put this marriage to waste. I'll work on it." She keeps begging.

"Every day with you. Every day with you is already a chance I give without asking so much in return from you, Lisa. I fell in love with you so easily because I felt it. I love you and been in love with you more everyday. But you make life living with you so hard for me. I never complained, Lisa. I wanted to take care of you and love you forever but you always make me feel you don't need me.