SWIFT SHIFT

LISA

I got a message from my Dad that there's only one month left for me as a pilot. He will eventually remove me from the list. And that means, I am taking over the position as the President of the airline. 

I feel like my heart is being crushed. I don't want this. I can't do anything about it because he owns the airline. If I become the owner, I still can't easily go back flying. Who will handle the company? Why can't I have my own choice?

I immediately visited his office and went crazy! I can't control my emotions. I am so angry! I begged if I can still fly for a year but he declined.

I suddenly felt my heartbeat changed. It went fast.

"See? You don't even know how to control your emotions and you are insisting to fly? You have to manage your anger, Lisa. You are having a child with Jennie and you must change. I wonder why your wife agreed to marry you with this attitude of yours." He scolded me while I am being guided by the medical team. 

I was rushed to the hospital.

Jennie was fast to follow and she's at my side the whole time I was admitted.

I don't know what to feel anymore. All I know is I am crying inside this room and thinking of myself being a loser for I cannot do my passion anymore. 

"Do you need anything? Are you hungry?" My wife asked and I just shut my mouth.

"Lisa, you must tell us what you feel. Babe, you have to express and let's talk about it." She said. She keeps on talking and that made my head feel pain. 

"Talk? And then what, you'll all think I am angry?" My voice raised.

"Just fucking shut up!" I yelled at her and I suddenly realized what I have done. 

I just closed my eyes after seeing her sad eyes when she moved and sat at the corner chair.

Days passed and I am back to flying. After every flight, I go straight to the bar and filled myself with alcohol so I will no longer feel this disappointment in me. 

Why do I have to experience this ailment? All I want to do in my life is to be a pilot. Nothing else! 

JENNIE

Lately, she goes home in uniform and drunk. There was a night that an unknown woman drove her to our gate. I don't know if she is still sleeping with random woman again.

And now, she is screaming outside and can't wait for me to open the door. She kept banging the gate without thinking that we have neighbors who are already asleep. 

When I went out to open the gate so her car could come in, I found her arguing with one of our neighbors.

"Fuck you! The hell you care if I'm drunk, huh?" She was shouting.

"You are disturbing us. This is an executive village for you to keep screaming right here. I am already in the middle of my sleep." The man is also furious.

Lisa came near to him and about to start a fight but I ran fast and stopped her.

I apologized to our neighbor. He even said foul words to me. Lisa angrily took her car inside the garage and I heard a loud bang again. She bumped her car on the wall because of so much anger. She even smashed her car with a steel she picked from the garage and kept screaming.