CUP OF TEA

LISA

That girl. It's been how many nights that I still think of her even if I am fucking women during my stopovers in different countries. Her body is just so my cup of tea.

I have seen bodies in different forms and kind but hers won't leave my mind. But one thing I like about her is the innocence that comes out naturally.

I don't know her rate per night but I don't care if I spend money on her. I won't miss a chance of seeing her again when I'm back in Korea in three days.

I scanned my phone and saw a notification on Viber. I don't like notifications popping out my screen so people should wait until I read their messages.

Surprisingly, I got one from this app. I am already expecting that it's her.

It's her.

J: Hi. You left your clutch in the room. Just get it from me at Pink Vanity when you come back. Take care.

Shit. J's her initial. What's her name? I didn't get her name. I'm used to my routine. I really don't mind asking names of women I slept with.

L: Ok. What's your name?

I am surprised that she's swift to respond.

J: Jennie. You?

L: I'll tell you when we meet again.

Why would I tell you mine? We're just fucking. I waited for her reply but I failed. She did not answer me back. It's fine. Getting a message from her means she still wants to be with me. But again, I repeat, I have no time for love. I can't fall in love. She may be this sexy goddess with a pretty face, but I am not interested of knowing her deeply.

I am having a hot cup of coffee after having sex with a Canadian girl when another notification appeared on Viber. Fuck. My father.

Vin: Lisa, meet me when you arrive here in London. I have heard a lot of things about you lately. When are you going to fix yourself? Before you forget, I would just like to remind you that you have a name and a reputation to guard. Stop fucking around! How many more flight attendants will you ruin in my company? You know, you should get married! Find a woman you'll settle down with and have contentment. Stop playing around. Just don't listen to your Mom when she forces you to marry the person she wants for you. Choose your woman. If she thinks I am buying her ways just to impress me, she's wrong. See me when you're here. We need to talk about the company. I have no other person to trust this airline with but you. Whether you like it or not, you will stop flying and take over here.

L: Never.

Fuck this life! I hate all of you! Never in my life I dreamt of running your airline, father. I am happy being a pilot and just being handsome.

JENNIE

Meet again? We'll just meet for you to get your clutch. She's a bit arrogant. But I won't deny that I have been thinking about her for days now. I couldn't stop fantasizing that we're making love again. I am trying to remove her from my mind but she keeps coming back. Her touch and the way she gave me the pleasure I never thought I would love have been haunting me.

Her pretty face is just so perfect. She has the sexiest jaw. Her built is something I want to stare at for the rest of my life and I'm good. Even her accent is so good to my ears.

Ugh! Stop thinking about her, Jennie. Go back to work because you have to save money for your flight.

Sometimes, I wish I was born rich. No financial problems at all. I wish I was able to go to school. Unfortunately, I only finished elementary and did not continue high school and college anymore. We don't have the means. My Mom works as a house helper in London. She's there with my sick father and the reason why I stopped school because of his maintenance that Mom should provide. My younger brother also studies. He's a smart one that's why I sacrificed my own schooling for him. So, why am I here in Korea? I live here with my aunt. My father and Mom are Korean. They both lived here before but they tried their luck in London. Sadly, luck's not for us. My mother was not able to finish her studies too because she got pregnant with me when she was seventeen. My father was a carpenter, but when he had a stroke, he was not able to go back to work anymore.

My Mom lives at the house where she works for a rich family. My dad and my brother resides at the province and sells fish outside our small home there. They wanted to live in one place but we really don't have the money to do so.

I stayed here in Korea renting in a small bedroom unit. I used to live with my aunt and helped her on her small bakery business but she already died two years ago. From that day on, I have to provide for myself. My mother also asks me sometimes if I need something but I would rather decline her help because I know how hard her life there in London too.

I really envy people who got to study. How I wish I have the means too. I could not even afford to buy books, but on my day off, I sometimes visit free libraries and read. But most days, I work for a day as my part-time job. How I wish to have a good paying job but most of them require a diploma in high school and college. What will I show? I think I belong here at the bar serving customers. Somehow, I am able to pay my rent and feed myself. But sadly, I could not save for the future from the small amount I earn.

I hope that if ever I am given the chance to go to London, I can find a better job there and save money. My friends here at the bar would tease me to go on dating sites and maybe I'll find a rich foreigner to marry, but I am really shy. And I am afraid that the person I am going to be with someday will just degrade me because of my status. We know that most of them wants a successful woman too and a smart one, and that is not me.

Days passed and I have been working overtime because of my goal of buying a ticket. It's already eleven in the evening here but I am still washing the dishes. I took over since our dishwasher is on sick leave today. It's bad to wish for this but I thank those days that I get to do their jobs for additional pay. Our bar manager also offers me to strip so I can earn more, but I really can't stand it. I am not confident with my body and my face. Maybe this is me, I feel so low because of who I am in the society. I have no trust on myself. And I also avoid people to disrespect me. I don't mean to speak bad on that kind of job, but it's not just my interest.

But why did you let that LM fuck you? God. I don't know too. But I have this feeling in my heart that I like her. I never felt this way before.

Speaking of her. Her pretty face is approaching while I walk towards the bar counter to fix some bottles. She cut her hair short. That pretty face I slept with last week is now the most handsome in my eyes.

She sat calmly and looked at me. I thought I am going to get a smile but here she is again with that cold face.

"A glass of you know what please." She said while looking at me like she's taking off my clothes. I just looked down and walked away to tell Jisoo to prepare her drink.

I handed it to her right away.

"What time is your out?" She asked.

"Twelve. Sorry I can't get your clutch from my locker right now. We are not allowed to go inside the employees' room if it's not our break or off from work." I said shyly. I don't know why I suddenly felt shy. The memory of us having sex keeps coming inside my mind.

"I'll wait for you then. Do you have work tomorrow?" She asked.

"No. But I will look for a part-time job for a day probably." I said. I don't want to waste time. I usually do this when it's my day off. As usual, it's going to be at the wet market packing some vegetables.

"Spend the whole day with me. I'll pay you." She said and finished her glass of rum.

"I— I'll think about it. But just to be clear, I am not a prostitute." I said nervously and looked down.

She just disappeared inside the bar when she's done drinking and left her payment. The moment I got out of the bar, I looked for her right away so I can hand the clutch bag to her.

And there she is, smoking a cigarette like a hot fire while leaning her back at the corner waiting for me.

"Come with me. Hotel's just fifteen minutes away from here." She said after receiving her clutch.