THE START

JENNIE

Rosé is the one who is putting my make up on. They wanted to an artist but I said it's too much already. She actually also wanted to do it so we decided not to get one anymore as we want this wedding to be surrounded by few people only.

I haven't heard anything from Lisa. I'm a little bit worried now because she hasn't replied to me yet. She's supposed to be here in London at four in the morning. 

I am already asking people around to contact Lisa too. Her father is also trying to reach her. He even called his airline to know about Lisa's flight. He was told that Lisa already arrived at the said time exactly.

It's now two hours away from the time of our wedding but still no response from her. Is she ditching this event? Did she realize she's not yet ready? I am overthinking and my mind wanders around the possibilities of her not showing up. Everyone is going crazy. Her Mom is already mad.  

I never stopped calling her but she's not reachable. What happened? Should we tell people that no wedding is going to happen anymore? Even her co-pilots are already trying their best to contact her. We don't know what to think anymore.

Time of the wedding came and still no Lisa around. 

I cried when my mother embraced me.

"I think she's not coming anymore, Mom." I said.

"Let's not lose hope." She tried to calm me.

"But it's already ten and she's still not here. We're supposed to be officiated at this hour." I said while wiping my tears.

I am filled with sadness inside my head and my heart. Why did I not think of this? I thought she really wants to marry me? What is happening?

My phone suddenly rang. Oh god. It's Lisa! I told everyone in the room. I answered and she put it on video call.

L: Jen, my phone got drained. I just found a gas station here that has a charging booth. I left my charger at the hotel when I left Norway.

I am really happy to hear her voice. I still cried.

J: I thought you're not going to marry me anymore.

L: I am marrying you. Please let me talk to Rosé so she can tell everyone and the officiant to wait a little. I'm an hour away from the venue. After this call, I'm leaving the gas station. 

I handed the phone to Rosé and she organized everything to be moved to one in the afternoon.

The wedding happened. I am so happy but at the same time I had thoughts in my head that pulled the joy out of my mind and heart. 

We delivered a standard written vow that couples usually say to each other that must be followed after the officiant tells us to do so. It's not a romantic one but the venue made it special. She never let go of my hand from the start of the wedding until it ended. 

It may not really be the heartfelt wedding I expected myself to have, but I am still happy that I'll be spending my life with the person I love. Lisa is not a difficult human to love. In fact, if you only try to understand her, you will love her even more. We did not start like how other couples met and got to know each other better, but maybe she will learn to love me back. 

But me, I know in my heart that I love her and I am so willing to take care of her everyday. I may not be an expert in love, I am aware that love comes in different faces and ours is not the typical story and it will never be a fairytale. Maybe in time, she will realize that there are stuff that she must do to make this relationship work. Maybe she really knows but not that expressive. 

Or maybe I should not expect so I won't get hurt and just let her be. I should not put pressure on her. At the end of the day, we will always have decisions of our own.

Night came and it's so romantic while we are both naked and soaking ourselves in the tub. I lean my back on her chest while she is slowly making me hot. My heart felt happy when she held my hand and looked at my ring. And she never stopped kissing me. 

"If there's one place you want to find yourself having a vacation at this moment, where it is?" She asked.

"Hmmm. Switzerland. But having you in my life is already the best place." I said while moving my body up and I sat on her lap. 

God. I can't stop myself making love to her.

"Let's make this quick and let's do it there. Direct flight's only two hours. Let me call the airline to book us right away if there's a schedule." She said. What?

Jennie, you forgot you married a pilot and an airline owner!

We spent a week in Switzerland under the snowing skies. All we actually did there aside from going to tourist spots is making love. I have seen Lisa in so many forms when it comes to sex. There were ways I never thought she could do— that we could do. It left me speechless but it were all so good and satisfying. 

After that week, I thought we are going home already. We were not able to bring Mom to the province anymore because of this sudden decision. She wants to go to the beach and I was just surprised to land in Thailand.

We went to this beautiful white sand and clear blue waters of Maya Bay. How lucky we are that it is not crowded when we stayed. 

But how obsessed she is whenever I wear a bikini. She never let go of my waist when we walk around and swim. Lisa looks at my body like I'm a porn star. She kept telling how perfect my body is. She almost had a fight with some men trying to hit on me. I think, Lisa is just lucky that she married a woman in me who has the longest patience on earth and I did not stop calming her whenever she's angry. She is seriously ready for a fight. God!

When we went back to London, the first thing we did after taking a rest for a day is choosing our house. I let her decide because I know she has a better taste. After two days, she has chosen. 

We spent the whole week moving in, buying everything we need at home from beds to kitchen wares and even couches. Her Mom would even send us some stuff to use at home. I still call her 'Madam' but she stopped me and told me to call her 'Mom' from now on. But I still know that she has this pain in her heart that Lisa did not marry the one she wanted for her.

It's time for Lisa to go back flying. I felt so alone in the house because we decided not to hire a helper. I think this decision will really help us in getting to know each other more. But when it's night time, my body is filled with sorrow thinking how she is and that I really hope that she's here beside me.

I can't complain. I am just her plain housewife here and all I have to do is pray for her safety and wait for her to come back and take care of everything she needs. 

I just make myself busy by cleaning the house, washing our clothes, preparing her uniform and gardening at the backyard. I would watch some shows on TV but I easily get bored. 

We reached our second month living together and the routine is the same everyday, when she's here, all we do is make love and watch a film together. But she spends most of the time sleeping because I know how tired she is. 

But you know what really makes me happy? I never suspected that she is womanizing out there. She always calls me whenever she lands on her destinations. I trust her now. I am hoping that she will really change for the better.

She flew again and I told her that I noticed something on my body and I did not have my period last week. She promised that she will accompany me for a check up when she arrived. 

It happened. 

And we got the result. I am so nervous. I thought this is easy. I don't know why it gave me fears but at the same time I am so excited. She is just relaxed while we're talking to my Doctor. We're told a lot how to make my health our priority. She also informed our families about it.

I am pregnant.