SILHOUETTE

LISA

I really appreciate that Jennie reminds me to eat on time when I'm away from her. We've been seeing each other in Seoul for like eight times already and she always takes care of me. But the last time we saw each other, she's a bit cold and does not even talk at all. I am not the type of person who would ask how she feels or what's going on with her life.

Fucking her is enough. That's all. Nothing personal must come through between us.

The last message I got from her was still last week. She reminded me to take my vitamins because I have been so pale lately. I need to see my Doctor once I go back to London. But I need to see her first in Seoul on my six hour layover.

I arrived around five and I immediately went to the bar where she works. I know she works from one in the afternoon for this day. But when I asked one of the bartenders where she is, I was surprised knowing that Jennie left Seoul already just this morning.

Why is she not replying to me? I haven't done anything wrong to her.

I tried to call her again but her phone just keeps ringing. Damn it! Why didn't I ask her flight details? I should have told her to book a midnight plane so we'll be together on my own flight.

Lisa, wait. Why are you so worried? I am not that worried. I am just not sure if I'll see her again. I'd rather lose other women in bed, just not her. Her body is just mine. I will do everything to own every skin of her.

I am so mad right now. I want to drink but I can't because I'll have a flight in few hours. It's a big no.

I want to punch someone. But I just sat on a café and drink a healthy fruit juice because I felt a little pain in my chest.

Why are you doing this to me, Jennie? You really want me to be rough on you? You want to be punished when we see each other again? I don't like feeling this way. Remove her from your mind, Lisa. This is not good anymore.

God. I can't breathe. I have to be fine for my flight later.

JENNIE

I am not sure if this is the right place where the cab driver brought me when I gave him the address. The house is so big. It's inside a luxury village with guards. There's even a wide lake in front of the house and from afar, you'll see beautiful buildings.

I pushed the doorbell and waited for like five minutes. The gate suddenly opened and a car is coming out.

A tall woman with a Korean feature came out of the car. She is fabulous.

"Hi. You must be Jennie. Dear, your Mom told us that you don't like to be picked up from the airport. Good thing you came here safely." She embraced me. Her accent is so nice for a Londoner. She must be in her 20s.

But Lisa's voice is sexier. I did not tell her that I am leaving Seoul already. I am so scared. For many times that we had been together, I realized that if I just let myself, I will totally fall in love with her.

If it's us, it's us. Now, I will just let kismet take over. And it's impossible for her to love someone like me. She is a successful and good-looking pilot. What about me?

That lady told me to go inside and let their guard guide me in. I am so shy because it looks like this house is owned by a really really rich family.

My Mom ran towards me and hugged me so tight. She even cried. I hurriedly wiped my tears. I am so happy inside. I really missed her.

She helped me carry my bags and we went directly to her room.

"You'll have your own room. Only if you want to work here. Madame already approved when I talked to her. She said you can work here too. Only if you want. But you can still look for a job out there, Jennie. I don't want you to be like me." She said.

"Mom, there's nothing wrong with your job. It's a decent work and it's fine with me for the mean time. Are you really sure that it's okay with your boss that I am here?" I asked.

"Yes. Her eldest child is very kind. But the young one is a bit difficult. But she listens to me. I know she has a good heart too. It's just that something's inside her that she couldn't express and that's why she's bursting out sometimes. The siblings don't want to be called ''Ma'am". Just their names, ok?" She explained.

"Should I be scared of her?" I asked.

"Hmmm. Not really. If she knows that you are my child, I think she'll be good to you. I'm her best friend here at home. We always talk. Sometimes she would just bring her beer here inside my room and cry without telling me what's hurting her inside. Listen, she is not Madame's child. She is the daughter of the ex-husband with their helper before. But her mother died already when she was born. Jennie, this family is a little noisy sometimes but you'll get used to it. Just don't intrude when they fight." She said and I just nodded.

Mom led me to my room and handed me my uniform. I honestly felt sad. I want to get Mom out of here and give her a better life. I don't want her to do heavy chores already for she is also aging.

Someday, I will be able to help her and dad financially.

I took a nap and it's already seven in the evening when I woke up. I immediately went to my mother's room but she is not around. I heard some sound coming from the kitchen and I found her cooking.

"Are you hungry already?" She asked.

"Not yet. Can I help you?" She let me cook the rest.

I am nervous when we started serving the food on the dining table. I think the Madame is hungry already. The eldest is also here. They are both pretty Koreans.

She tasted all the food while we are just waiting for some instructions from them.

"This creamy beef and mushroom is so good!" The eldest said. The madame tasted it and she looked at us.

"Who cooked this?" Asked in a serious face. She stared at me and I just looked down.

"It's Jennie who cooked that one, Ma'am. By the way, she's my daughter I'm telling you." My mother told her.

Madame took a deep breath and kept staring at me.

"Jennie, when the youngest arrives, please stay away from her." She randomly uttered those words. What? I'm confused. Why?

I just nodded and my Mom pulled me going to the kitchen so we can have our dinner too. After washing the dishes, I took a bath and put myself to bed so I can rest.

I took my phone and I got a lot of notification on Viber. I ignored it and just stared on my wallpaper. It's a stolen photo of Lisa. I miss you, you know. But I really have to stop what I am feeling now.

I don't know where you are. Not even sure if you're with another woman on bed or drinking a lot again. But I pray that you are always safe wherever you are.

I turned off my phone and fell asleep. The flight was so tiring and I need to rest my body.

I was on my deep rest when I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. A loud one. Before I totally stepped out of my room, I heard a familiar voice looking for water. Drunk voice that's similar to the voice that made my heart skipped a bit.

I am suspecting something strange now.

I peeked but I can only see her silhouette. I must be brave and see who this person is. What if she's a thief or something?

My heart is pumping so fast while looking at this dark shadow. But when she opened the fridge, her side feature was exposed to my sight.

I turned on the lights to be sure if what I am seeing is right. The uniform. The face. The perfect jaw. And those plump lips that took my breath away.

And she looked at me.