Vol 2 Ch 12: Inside the Compound (Sam's Version) & Time Keeper

Before I began my part of the story, I noticed that Lee looked at me with a sorrowful expression before looking down at his sword, seemingly looking for something...he must have remembered at least something just like I did...I began from the start, obviously.

The following takes place at the same Lee first woke up here.

I felt a nagging pain on the back of my head. I sat up from the cold floor and took a look at my surroundings, the floor was red...whether it was due to blood or not...I'd rather not know... From the looks of it, it seemed like I was in some hallway, both ahead and behind me were open paths yet, they both looked the same, for the most part at least. The only difference for each path was their doors, one looked more tame, like a normal door, while the door behind me seemed corroded and could break easily. Each time I looked at the doors it felt like the room became smaller, I couldn't tell if it was actually though, it was just a straight hallway, no door on the sides, no windows, and the tiniest light imaginable. I got up and took a step forward, causing something to roll, against the side of the hallway. I knelt down and picked it up, it was a flashlight, and yet, clearly it was given to me by whoever brought me here, they'd probably use the light to track me. I stomped on the flashlight and broke the glass that held the bulb, I picked up one of the shards, using my sleeve to prevent myself from getting cut, it was a last resort, but needed. I walked towards the normal door, the light in the room grew brighter as I did, it kinda hit the left side of my face, it stayed like that until I came to realize the light was coming from me. I set down the glass shard and moved my sleeve that covered my left arm, a bracelet was there, it glew orange. I picked up the shard with my right hand again. When I made it to the door, a panel replaced the typical handle, I raised my bracelet up to the panel...  ... ... It took a while, but eventually the door opened, if I was getting chased, these doors would be unreliable. I looked at that little slot that doors close on, I cut the smallest piece of my coat possible and put it in it. hopefully, it would prevent it from closing properly. I continued walking down the corridor until I came across a giant, cube-like room. I could hear chains dangling from the roof, this place already made me feel sick, so looking up was the last thing I wanted to do. I made it to what felt like the center of the room and immediately I felt off, the same nagging pain in the back of my head was here again.

"Took long enough" I heard a voice to my left, I quickly turned and raised my hand up, the one that held the shard. It was a girl, slightly shorter than I was, with clothes that seem alright, they weren't torn, nor did they look cheap. She had this wrapping on her eyes with a symbol on it, it resembled some circle but had multiple other shapes surrounding it. "You're hot aren't you? That's how I'm able to see you" What?

"What're you on about?"

"Oh...I'm normally right when I guess what people are thinking, in that case, I see people based on their body heat, hence why I asked" She seemed really expressive with her hand movements.

"Well...that explains it I guess...I was more wondering what the symbols on your...the thing on your eyes and its symbols, I was wondering about that"

"...I'm...blind, I can't see...so..."

"Yeah...I figured...sorry" It clicked a second later. "Wait, before you said 'took long enough' what's that meant to mean"

"Oh, don't take it personally, I was just genuinely waiting for someone, I've been able to get around thanks to symbols I've left around that give off the same heat humans do, I'm also able to sense a 360 field around me, so I'm unable to be sneaked up upon."

"Didn't you just say you didn't know symbols?" The girl began walking around the room, seemingly circling me.

"I wasn't born like this, my bad for giving off the wrong impression, the symbols on my head, I have no clue how they look, the symbols I write down, I've memorized, I hope that makes sense" As she came around the other side of me, she pressed against a wall, opening some hidden panel. "There we are"