Vol 2 Ch 9: Memory Unlocked (Part 1)

"It's been a while since I've last spoken to you all...The same robed figure from before, that is who I am, and shall remain...Anyway, a lot has happened since the last time I checked up on you all. Lee has reminded time for the first...yet I feel that will be happening a lot more than even I can suspect...there was also that apocalypse timeline...it seemed, off somehow, like it shouldn't have ended there...maybe there's something missing...hehe...well, that's for you all to figure out...there is one thing though, that locked memory Lee had...well, since I'm feeling...generous...I'll give it for free, no certain route needed to find it...well, Lee wouldn't have figured out he had a locked memory if this route wasn't chosen...so maybe it wasn't a freebie...regardless, I shall leave you all in peace...OH! And do let me know if you all have questions, after all, it's what I'm here for, of course, I'll answer them within reason, so don't go asking how to get the best ending...now where were those pages?...ah, here we are...it's not connected to any Journal, but I would consider this in the second volume, unless you dare disagree...enjoy...regardless"

During the Zombie Apocalypse(Sam's POV)

The air was cold, and almost every building we were surrounded by, was destroyed, walls, windows, the entire structure, shattered, broken, destroyed.

"Just a bit farther" Lee walked in front of me, he held Crystal on his shoulders, but I could tell how exhausted he was.

"What if it was already looted? If it's all gone?"

"Come on Sam, what happened to your optimism? hehe...it'll be fine...we'll make it, we always did" I could see Lee's breathing, a transparent puff every few seconds. His walking was slower than it normally is. The snow coated his sweater a long time ago. "I'll be damned, if I make it this far...make it this long into this...and die...to some fucking snow!" We continued walking...no more trudging through the snow, hoping to find our bunker from years ago. "There it is! It's still here!" I looked up after Lee spoke, the bunker stood there, it looked perfectly fine, it didn't look like someone broke in. We walked up to it, Lee let go of one of Crystal's legs, causing it to dangle, he pressed his hand against the keypad, I could tell he was worried.

"Welcome Back Lee, it's been....142 days since you've last checked in." A few months...we haven't really been keeping track of the days...But it felt like it was longer, like ten years had passed. The door opened, revealing the inside, it looked warm, and nothing was out of place. We quickly went inside, the doors closed behind us, and just like that, the warm air blasted us, it was so much better than the temperature outside. 

"This...is so much better" I sat down on one of the chairs and began warming up, Lee laid Crystal down on the couch and went to the fireplace, it had wood in it already, just like how we left it. he struck a match and put it against the logs, it took a few seconds, but it lit on fire, and soon, the place was even warmer than before, it was perfect.

"See Sam...we found it" Lee went into the kitchen area and looked through the cabinets, everything was there. "And we weren't looted either!" I could hear the joy in his voice, I could even feel myself smiling. Lee walked back into the living room. "Do you remember where Nicholai put her medical supplies?" He looked over at me, still rubbing his shoulders to warm himself. 

"How about you take your jacket back first?" I unzipped it and handed it back to him. "And...I think it was in her room"

"Alright..."

"I'll go grab it" I sat up, while Lee knelt beside Crystal. I opened the door to Nicholai's room and noticed something, her room was a lot different than I expected, I expected dark colors like black but it had a nice light purple look. I looked along the walls and saw one of those cabinets that hand on the walls, one of those small ones. I walked to it, pulling the handle, and was greeted with a first aid kit. I grabbed it and returned to Lee.