Chapter 10(Sam) Search and Rescue (Part 2/2)

"Sam! Run to AT1, we'll meet you there!" I heard Nicholai through the fire, the fire was beyond hot, I couldn't even get near it. I stood up and began to run. The hideout was near it, I hadn't even realized that. I guess I could stop by and rest there, from what I remember it had reinforced walls both inside and out, I should be safe there until Kenneth and Nicholai get there.  I went into the tree line, my map would help lead the way, so visibility wasn't an issue. In the middle of my running, I began to notice beartraps and stopped myself from running into them.

"Damn it, they really want us dead huh?" They weren't normal beartraps, there was a wire attaching them to explosives so the second the jaws move, we blow up. The hell did Lee even do to warrant this? I wasn't Kenneth, I couldn't disarm them, the slightest touch would send this forest into a fireball. I had no choice but to change my direction, I turned to the left and ran further into the treeline, me getting hit by branches was the least of my worries, flashlights began to shine throughout the trees. I looked around and saw a tree that looked climbable. I grabbed onto one of the branches and began to climb, eventually setting my foot in front of me on a branch with one leg dangling off, regardless I was set up and safe for the time being. The flashlights came closer and I saw three silhouettes, it couldn't be them, could it? I studied the silhouettes, no, it wasn't them, their heights are too close together. I summoned my daggers and got ready, if they looked even close to where I was, I'd strike, I didn't have to worry about it being another decoy, unless, they have some sort of AI that can mimic human movement.

"Did you honestly lose them?" Another figure walked behind the three

"Sir, maybe it was an animal" The one in the middle spoke, with a shaky voice nonetheless

"An animal? Really? Cause a deer can shoot two bullets and an arrow, a damn animal? Are you braindead?" The guy walked past them "The footsteps end here" I left tracks? I don't recall doing so...I made sure to step where the snow wasn't, I looked back from where I came and saw tracks in places I never stood. The hell?

"Is she in the trees?" Damn it! I readied myself to attack, it was better to die trying than to just flat out die.

"Let's begin the search then!" They began to raise their flashlights to the trees, searching for people, when the light hit one of the trees however, someone other than me was there, there was someone else behind me! The other person leaped down, but it more looked like they teleported, the figure stabbed into the middle one's stomach and then used him as a shield while they began to shoot. I decided to help, turning my daggers into a sniper I shot the left one in the head then jumped down, rushing the last one, the last one aimed at me but before he could shoot the other person used the middle man's gun and fired at him. After that was done the figure turned the other guy around and stabbed him in the head, ensuring his death.

"God, you're really stupid huh?" I looked for the other person, but couldn't find him, then realized that the comment was directed at me

"Huh? How!?"

"Hiding in tree's? Then not striking when you had the chance? I had a reason not to, I wasn't being hunted!" The guy had a point, I kinda did ruin their spot "And you're alone nonetheless"

"Hey, I wasn't alone until just now! I got separated okay? Who are you even to speak?" The figure looked behind me, even from the treeline you can see the fire that was left behind. He took off his hood

"Your's truly Zach! Leader of Regiment 13" This punk?

"Weren't you the guy who stood in awe when he saw Kai and Neal?" I had found a way to tease someone else

"How do you know!?" Zach stood in surprise

"What're you tunnel-visioned? I was there!" Zach looked like he came to a realization