Vol 2 Ch 3(Kenneth): Expedition (Part 3/3)

The wire had snapped, the two were across, it was now just me and this thing, half corrupted as well, there was no fighting, running would be the best option here, it seemed to be staying still, maybe it went off of sound, it would explain why it found us when it did. I slowly moved to my right, I would grab the zipline box then throw it, it was the only thing I really could do. I slowly walked over to the box, picking it up by one of its handles. I threw it at that thing and tried to look for an exit, that was before something grabbed my arm, I summoned my spear and got ready to jab at whatever grabbed me, that was until I saw Lee.

"W-" Lee covered my mouth before I could speak, he motioned to the thing, when I looked over, I saw it shredding the box to pieces, even though it was almost made entirely out of metal.

"sound and motion" Lee whispered to me, even with him only whispering, the creature was moving towards us, we both stayed as still as could be, well, I was, Lee was making slight movements, looking around the roof. He took his hand off my mouth, and used his other hand to cover his own. I followed suit to cover the sound of my breathing, it wasn't loud or that audible, but just incase.

The creature came closer, and when it got right next to us Lee summoned his sword and jabbed it in one of its ears, the creature let out a high pitched scream, but before I could move my hands to my ears, Lee grabbed my arm and jumped off the roof

"Are you insane!?" He ignore my comment and just resummoned his sword, jabbing it into the wall. We came to a sudden stop, so sudden in fact, that it hurt my arm, it felt like any faster and my arm would dislocate.

"Sorry, it was the only thing I could think of" We both dropped to the ground and started walking

"It's fine...why did you come here? Did you forget what we said earli-

"I know, that's not why I'm here, I won't stay here long, I just want to grab something from the dorms real quick" He interrupted me, from the dorms? Many things came to my thoughts, but there was one, in particular, that was the highest value to him. 

"Alright, just don't hurt yourself more than you are already..." As I spoke he touched his left arm

"Not much can get worse" He anxiously chuckled "...Hey, just don't tell Crystal or the others I was here, I won't be around for long, I'll be back on the train before you know it" He started walking away from me, heading towards the dorms.

"Actually...if you want, you can tag along with me, if course not when Crystal and Matt are near, then you can bail" After my suggestion, Lee looked back and smiled

"What? Making sure I don't get myself get killed?"

"Eh, just don't want you to be alone for long" He walked back to me

"Alright, let's get to it then" Lee smiled, and yet, it was clear he wasn't happy, I looked in the direction of the plan and sighed

"Yep, let's get going"

We mainly walked to the building that Crystal and Matt were at, of course, I wasn't gonna rat him out, but being higher up is way better than being on the ground floor. I don't know why the air felt uneasy, maybe it was the lack of us talking, maybe it was because there was things we hadn't told each other, one thing was certain though, that whole friendship we had when we were little, and when we first started being DTs, wasn't alive anymore, or at the very least, not as strong.

"Lee" I looked over at me with an expression of questioning. "I'm sorry"

"..." he looked at the floor and kept walking "You have nothing to be sorry for" Even though he said that, a part of me felt guilty, but I knew I should still apologize, after all, if I hadn't gotten infected then Lee wouldn't have thought that curing Sam was possible, or, maybe she would still be here...After I thought that I realized something, Bravo team, the whole Bravo team sticks together forever thing was a lie, the only reason that me and Lee met was because of Sam, the only reason that Lee tolerated Nicholai, was because of Sam. Bravo team...it only existed because she was around. At the least, that was my theory