✾ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ✾

Start from the beginning

"No, why?" He mumbled, following my gaze to James. "You think there's something bothering him?"

"Mhm" I hummed, pondering for a few moments, "I'll talk to him after this lesson"

"You'll figure it out, M" He muttered, pecking my temple and sighing, "Moony looks good today..."

"You say that everyday, Siri. You're smitten, a smitten kitten"

"I'm a dog not a cat"

"The amount of things I could say right now..."

•••

"Walk with me, yeah?" I whispered to James after the lesson, tugging on his hand and pulling him away from the group, walking down the empty corridors.

He hummed, gripping my hand tighter, as we walked in no direction, the boy now being unusually quiet.

"James, what's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing is wrong Lunes, why? Are you not happy? I'm sorry, i'm trying I just-"

"Hey" I whispered, stopping him from rambling and strolling further, turning him to face me. He gazed down at me, a distant haze in his eyes, behind his glasses, "Talk to me"

"I'm tired Elody" He voiced almost inaudibly, "i'm so fucking tired" He sniffed, tears welling up in his eyes as he sank to the floor in the middle of the corridor, my heart dropping in my chest. I sat down in front of him, biting my lip as the tears streamed down my face, "I-I'm trying, i'm trying to make everyone happy because who wants to be upset? Everyone needs to be happy especially in these times with the attacks and everything. It's fucking exhausting and then I'm thinking about mum and dad and worrying about you, moony, padfoot and wormy on top of that and why is all this happening-"

"James" I murmured softly, lifting my hands up and lifting his glasses off his face, wiping his tears with the pads of my thumbs, "It's okay, let it out, i'm here" I reassured him, as he cried, the two of us sat in the middle of the castle corridors. I had no idea he was feeling pressure of everything on his shoulders, I despised seeing him upset. Like he felt the need to put everyone's happiness before his own, he deserved the world, the moon and the stars, his own little ray of sunshine.

He wrapped his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder, hiccuping. I pulled him closer, tracing my hand up and down his back trying console him, "You deserve your own happiness, don't put everyone else in front of you because you deserve everything. We'll get through this, and we'll all be by your side, all of us. You're not alone, James" I whispered, kissing his temple as he sniffed, his body shaking, "I love you"

"I-I love you" He mumbled, nuzzling his head into mine. We sat in silence for a while as I continued to rub my hands down his back, holding him as long as he needed.

"Is he alright?" A voice asked quietly, walking into the abandoned corridor, approaching the two of us.

"He's going to be" I replied, noticing he had drifted off to sleep. He was probably exhausted. I gently lifted his head off my shoulder, standing up and carrying him in my arms, smiling at the woman, "I'll take him to his dorm"

"Of course" Minnie nodded her head, watching as I carried him away, my werewolf strength pulling through. He cuddled into my body in his sleep, wrinkling his nose up the cute way he does.

Minnie observed as the blonde girl carried the sleeping boy away, her heart filled with sympathy and solicitude. The boy was always the one making people laugh, always the goofy grin on his face and up to no good. She loathed seeing him so exhausted and upset from everything going on. These children should be having the time of their lives, living the way teenagers should be doing with no cares in the world, and instead they are worrying, panicking for the war the has begun brewing because a group of wizards want to feel more power. She tried to have hope, hope that with the group of students that were like her own children, they would be okay if they stuck together. They would all make it through this war, because they are worthy of living the lives they dream of having.

•••

I arrived at the common room, saying the password and stepping inside, the group turning to me when I walked in Sirius hopping up straight away and heading towards me with a concerned look on his face.

"Can you open your dorm for me please?" I asked, holding him in my arms, glancing down to him, his lips slightly parted as he released his soft breaths and a small frown displayed by the furrow of his eyebrows.

"Yeah, definitely" He nodded, following me up and opening the door so I could place him down on his bed, placing the covers over him. "What happened?"

"James being James, i'm not surprised he was overwhelmed, have you ever noticed he's never the one thats down? He's always trying to make everyone else feel better or doing little things to brighten up their day?"

"You're right" He whispered, the two of us glancing down at the boy with sympathy and feeling an overload of appreciation for him. "He's too good for this cruel world. We'll look after him, M"

"He deserves happiness more than anyone"

Even the happiest, most smiling people in the world have the darkest days. The ones with hearts as pure as gold, can feel a little dim. And that is why the world is cruel.

•1399 words•