You Should Give It A Few More Days

Isabelle

"Thanks for coming." I shot Killian a small smile as he sat across from me in the café. "I appreciate it, I know it was short notice."

"No problem." He responded before taking a sip from his glass of water.

I was originally going to meet Mrs. Strahm first, but when I told Killian I needed to see him he told me that sooner would work best. He apparently had something he needs to attend to later on today.

"Kilian, you know what's going on with Sterling and I." I paused for a moment, collecting my thoughts. "Things aren't good and I've decided I need to get on with my life, I can't stay here so I plan to leave Nashville."

I figured it was best to just be out with it, like ripping off a band-aid. I know he'll try to talk me out of it but my mind is made up. I just want to tell him goodbye properly so I don't feel like I've got any unfinished business here.

He looked slightly surprised. "You're leaving?"

"Yes." I nodded, confirming my decision.

"Isabelle, I think you're making a mistake." There was something in his eyes but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"No, I'm not." I shook my head. "This is what I need to do Killian, being around Sterling will just be too much for me and I'll just end up seeing his face everywhere."

"I understand that." He took in a low breath and exhaled. "Look, I can't force you to stay but believe me, this isn't the right move."

"How do you know?" I raised a brow.

"Because I just do." His eyes looked down at the table for a moment and then back at me. "I agree, what Sterling did is fucked up but I think you should know he's not exactly himself right now."

I could feel my stomach coil with worry for a moment. I forced the feeling away because right now isn't the time to break. Whatever mess Sterling has gotten himself caught up in is no longer my problem.

"It's too late." My voice cracked as the words left my lips. "The damage is done Killian, I don't care if he's not himself. I tried to be there for him and he pushed me away, he chose for things to end like this."

Killian nodded as he took in my words. I could tell there was something on his mind, it was as if he was debating on whether or not he should tell me something. This of course, piqued my curiosity.

"What's on your mind?" There's really nothing he can say that'll change my mind, but if there's something I don't know then I should at least find out.

Killian remained silent for a moment longer as he debated in his mind, finally he spoke. "Izzy, you know I've only ever had your best interest in mind. I think you should give it a few more days."

Killian's right, since I've known him he's looked after me like I'm his sister. If he thinks I should stay then there has to be a good reason, a reason he's still not coming out and saying.

"What do you know?" If Killian can come clean then I'll consider holding off.

Immediately I could tell he was conflicted. Clearly he knew something, but whatever Sterling had told him must be pretty confidential. The odds of getting Killian to crack were slim, Sterling's trust is never something he would want to put on the line.

"I can't tell you." He let out a defeated sigh. "I'm sorry Isabelle, if I could I would."

I don't doubt him. Killian was pretty open with me before I left and he's been pretty open with me since I returned.

"Then I need you to understand I need to do this." If he really does care about me, then he'll respect this decision. "And I need you to not say anything to Sterling, I don't want him to know I'm going because I know he'll try everything he can to get me to stay."

Reluctantly, he nodded. "Okay."

"Enough about him." I didn't call to meet with him to talk about Sterling. "Killian, last time I left we lost touch. I'd like to keep in contact, it's been really nice to catch up and I don't want to lose you permanently."

"Of course." There was a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I'm going to guess that he's not supposed to know that I'm keeping contact with you."

"I would prefer it if he didn't." Sterling can be relentless, if he's persistent enough I know he'll get details from Killian.

"Okay."

I knew I was putting him in a hard spot, I felt bad for it but this is how it needed to be. I just don't want to lose the only other person I grew up with.

Killian's phone began to ring, he pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the name. I could see him hesitate, clearly Sterling is the one on the other line.

"Go ahead and take it." I encouraged him because I don't want him not answering to raise questions.

"I'll be just a minute." Killian gets up from the chair and walks away to have some privacy.

I waited patiently for him to return. He was only gone for a few minutes and then he finally headed back to the table. By looking at him I could see he was nervous, whatever they had discussed couldn't have been that great.

"Everything okay?" I was concerned for my friend.

"Yeah." Killian nodded. "He just needs me to meet him I guess."

"Okay." I stood up from the chair. "I don't want to keep you any longer then."

Killian wrapped me up in a tight hug. "Isabelle, I really think you should think this over a little more but I also know you need to do what you need to do. I love you and I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you." I gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "I appreciate you Killian, thank you for being such a good friend to me while I was here."

"Okay." He nodded, the nerves he had from his phone call were gone and had been replaced by the sad look from before. "Let me know updates, I need to know you're safe when you get to your destination.

"Of course." I had to fight back the tears stinging my eyes, it sucked I had to leave my friend behind.

Killian walked me outside and then he got into his blue Mercedes. All that was left was one more goodbye and then I could cut ties from here.

**Author's Note**

I always do my best to communicate with you all, the next update is going to be a bigger one so it'll take a little longer to get ready. With the switching of POV's for what I have planned with Sterling it's just better to get it all in one go. I'll try to shoot for Friday but it may not be ready until next week. Thank you for your patience while I work on it!

Bound To FallOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara