No Reason I Could Think Of

Sterling

I sat in the chair of the living room as I waited. Isabelle had taken Alexandra home and she's due back any time. I could feel myself grow more anxious the longer it took her to get back.

I was worried because if Elise had found out about this meeting she wouldn't hesitate to confront Isabelle. Recently Elise had proved she was willing to go to whatever lengths she needed to try to come out on top of this situation. I wouldn't put it past her to try to do any harm to Isabelle because she felt she could get away with it in the moment.

I turned the moment I heard the door begin to unlock. My eyes watched it intensely as I waited for her to walk through the door. She's the only one I was expecting. There was no one else that it could be.

The door opened and Isabelle let herself inside. I could feel myself instantly relax to see that she was here and she was safe. I got up from the chair and met her as she was halfway in the living room.

I wrapped her in my arms and held her tightly against me. She wrapped her arms around me in return and I could hear a small chuckle come from her.

"What's so funny?" I asked her in a low voice.

"You act like I've been gone for years or something." She answered.

I loosen my grip on her and she looks up at me. "I'm sorry, I was just worried about something going wrong."
"Sterling." She looked at me seriously. "I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. If anything happened I would've handled it myself."
"I know." I nodded.

I've always envied how strong Isabelle is. Even when she was younger she handled anything and everything like a champ. There wasn't a situation she couldn't handle and there was no one she would back down to. She definitely hasn't changed one bit.

She pulled away from me and headed into the kitchen. "I didn't really get many details from her assistant. It's going to be a work and progress I think."
"Why's that?" I raised a brow as I followed her.

She opened up a cupboard and grabbed two plates. She then opened up the fridge and pulled out some cinnamon rolls she had baked a few days ago. She placed one on each plate and put one into the microwave to heat it up.

She turned her attention to me as she waited for the first one to finish. "I could tell she needs to get more comfortable. She needs to trust me before she starts giving me all of the dirty details we need."
"I see." I nodded as I sat down at one of the bar stools at the counter.

The microwave beeped and she took the cinnamon roll out. She placed it down in front of me as she put the other into the microwave. She then turns back to me once more.

"She did mention something a little interesting." Isabelle had a look on her face telling me that this information might be something of use to us.

"Well, what is it?" I asked before taking a bite of the cinnamon.

"Well she mentioned a few things." Isabelle informed me. "Apparently she's sleeping with someone. On top of that Alexandra said she wants to marry you for her dad's benefit but also for her grandfather."

"Her grandfather?" I wanted to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Yes." Isabelle responded right before the microwave beeped again.

Elise's grandfather is Wilson Tunt. He's the whole reason the Tunt's are even known. He's a high end lawyer based out of Nashville. He's been called in on some of the biggest cases around.

My mind is blank for what reason he would want me with Elise. It's not like he didn't have money. Our family may have more influence but Wilson Tunt had a decent amount of power himself. There was no reason I could think of that he would need an association with the Tipton name.

Isabelle returned to the counter with the cinnamon roll she had heated up for herself. "Any idea what that's about?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Would your dad know?" Isabelle questioned further.

"He might." My father's a smart man. He always manages to see through people's bullshit. "I'll have to bring it up to him tomorrow morning when we go into work."

"Okay." Isabelle responded.

"Until then, good job on getting the information you got. No matter how little it is, it does help. Thank you." I wanted her to know I appreciated her working on this with me.

Things always worked better for Isabelle and I when we worked as a team. I knew she had my back and I had her's. No matter what happens as long as we come out of this together is what counts.

"No problem." She gave me a small smile.

"So are you planning to see her again soon?" I asked as I was curious if they had set anything up for another meeting.

"I don't know." Isabelle answered. "She was pretty drunk when she got home. I'll reach out to her tomorrow and check in on her. If we set up anything then I'll keep you updated."

"Okay." I nodded.

We talked back and forth as we both finished off the cinnamon rolls in front of us. It's a pleasure to be able to get to experience her baking again. She had only gotten better over the years and I honestly was kicking myself for missing out for so long.

We finished up and Isabelle took the plates. I watched as she rinsed them off and placed them in the dishwasher. I could feel the desire for her begin to rise as I watched her bend over. The way her skirt hugged her hips was really getting me going.

I got up from the stool and made my way over to Isabelle. I stood behind her and firmly gripped her hips. I pulled her back against me so she could feel the bulge that had developed in my pants.

"Well hello there." Her voice was low and seductive. "Something I can help you with Mr. Tipton?"

I turned her around to face me. Her grey orbs looked into my icy blue eyes. "The cinnamon rolls were delightful, but I think there's something else I would like to taste before the night's over."