I Need To See Her

Sterling

The moment I walked out of the door of the mansion, I got into the Lamborghini and headed right for where Isabelle's been staying. I didn't know what to expect or how she may react, but it didn't matter. I can handle anything she throws my way.

I won't lie, I probably didn't need to speed as much as I was but I didn't care. I felt pressed for time. I needed to get everything cleared up and I needed to do it now. Everyone's right, I've wasted too much time and now I'm cutting it extremely close.

I parked once I reached the apartment complex and shut off the car. Quickly, I exited the vehicle and practically ran into the building. I knew exactly where to go, we may not have been speaking but I kept tabs on her during this entire thing.

I reached the door and pounded my fist on it. I needed her to hear me, I needed her to rush to this door and open it for me.

But it wasn't her who answered.

Her friend, Noami, had a look of displeasure on her face as she looked at me. "Can I help you with something?"

"I need to talk to Isabelle." I responded.

"You have some nerve." Noami's eyes narrowed as she folded her arms across her chest. "Breaking her heart like that, she may have been trying her hardest to conceal it but I know."

I exhaled a low breath. "I'm aware I fucked up, but I'm trying to fix this as quickly as I can."

"Did you know she cried over you?" Noami questioned me. "I heard her a few times and it made me want to come and hunt you down myself. Isabelle is so kind, she's fucking amazing and you treated her so damn poorly."

I could feel myself beginning to grow impatient. I'm aware that I've fucked up in more ways than one. However, if her friend doesn't get her out here to see me then it's just going to go on longer than it needs to.

"Just get her out here please." I pleaded with her.

Noami shifted as she looked around and then back at me. "I'm sorry but I can do that."

"Why not?" I grunted through gritted teeth, the last of my patience was slipping away at this point.

"Because she's not here." Noami looked me dead in the eyes as she answered. "She left for the airport this morning."

"Why?" My brows furrowed as confusion washed over my face. "She's not supposed to be leaving until this evening."

"That was her original flight." She informed me. "She got bumped up and her flight's supposed to be leaving the airport within the next half hour."

My heart practically dropped out of my chest as knots coiled in my stomach. I felt I had been pressed for time before, but now it seemed I had less than I planned. The feeling of defeat began creeping in, but I forced it away.

I still have thirty minutes, it's not a lot but it's enough for me to at least try. Even if I don't make it in time I'll take the jet and meet her at her destination if I have to. Regardless, I refuse to end this day without coming clean to her and at least trying to fix the mess I had made between us.

"You know, she really loved you right?" Emotion began to flood Noami's eyes. It was obvious Isabelle's departure wasn't something she was taking lightly.

"I know."

I'd be stupid to not see how much she loved and cared for me. I should've done the same for her these last few weeks. If I could take it back I would have saved the both of us this heartache.

But there's no going back. What's done cannot be undone, the only option is to attempt to go forward and I intend for us to be together when we do.

"All she was trying to do was love you, even after all the shit you've done to her since she came back here." Noami's voice cracked as she spoke. "And all you did was push her away, you're an asshole and you don't deserve someone as amazing as her."

"I know." I'm not dumb, I haven't exactly proved that I'm worthy of having her. "But I need to see her, I need to talk to her."

"Then you better get going." Noami proceeded to then shut the door in my face.

I turned around and rushed back to my car. I got inside and sped off for the airport. According to my GPS I could make it there with five minutes to spare. With all the security and everything though, that five minutes wasn't going to be enough.

I called her again, maybe hoping that this time she would answer me. I know a phone call doesn't do justice for the situation we're in but she has to know that I need her to wait. I need her to at least give me a few minutes to tell her everything, and if she still decides to leave then I won't hold her back.

Part of me is preparing for the possibility of letting her go forever. It's not that I want to, I just know I can't force her to stay here. I love her too much to make her feel miserable and stuck, so if I have to let her go then I will but I'm not going down without a fight.

The phone stopped ringing and I ended up getting directed to her voicemail. It wasn't a surprise, after all the shit I've pulled I wouldn't want to talk to me either. Especially on the day she's leaving, she's probably already got a lot of shit on her mind.

I pulled up another number while I was stopped at a light. The phone began to ring and I waited for an answer. Finally, someone picked up.

"Mr. Tipton, what can we do for you?" A woman's voice came through the bluetooth in the car.

"Mrs. Rhodes I need you to delay all flights leaving Nashville immediately." I firmly ordered.

"I don't know if we can do that." I could tell in her voice she was apprehensive, but I knew she could do it because she was the manager.

"Mrs. Rhodes, I need this done." I stood my ground, refusing to take no for an answer. "Either get it done for me or I'll find someone else who will."

She was silent for a moment, until she let out a defeated sigh. "Of course Mr. Tipton. For how long do you want the flights delayed?"

"Just an hour." I answered.

"Okay." Mrs. Rhodes responded and then we ended the call.

One hour is all that I need to clear things up.