They Make Me Feel Like I'm One Of Them

Isabelle

"Sorry to bore you with all this school talk." Talk Scarlett rolls her eyes. "I had to mention something though or my father would think I still snuck away to listen to them."

"So you're aware of why I was asked to come over then?" I raised a brow.

"Of course." She nodded. "As a Tipton I've gotten used to reading people and being a step ahead since I was little. The only issue is while I'm good my father still remains a step ahead of me."

"I see." I didn't expect that she would have caught on but I mean, it's not like it wasn't obvious when she was told not to leave the living room.

"Do you know what they're talking about?" Scarlett attempted to probe me for information. "They're all in the study, including my mother so it must be serious."

"Honestly, I have no idea." Sterling didn't give any major details as this was something between his parents. "I'm sure if we need to know they'll tell us eventually."

Scarlett scrunched her nose as she wasn't satisfied with my answer. "Well that's no fun. Come on, if we tiptoe very carefully I'm sure we can make it down the hall with no problems."

"I think it's best we stay here." I wasn't going to let her talk me into anything. I had been given one job and I planned to see it through.

"But Isabelle-" She immediately stopped whining as the three sets of footsteps made their way to us.

"I hope you kept Izzy company without too much whining." Kaydence spoke as she looked knowingly at Scarlett.

"We just talked about school stuff, pretty boring if you ask me." Scarlett scoffed.

"Well, Rose informed me on the way back that dinner is ready. Let's get into the dining room." Kaydence ordered before walking away.

Scarlett and I got up from the couch and headed for the dining room. Sterling came to my side and wrapped an arm around my waist. He proceeded to then place a kiss at the top of my head. "Thank you." He whispered.

"No problem." I knew he had been referring to me keeping Scarlett away from their conversation.

We entered the dining room and I took a seat next to Sterling but across from Scarlett. The food was brought in and we began dishing it up onto our plates.

"Julie and I were talking today." Kaydence spoke as he eyes met Damon's for a moment. "She brought up my maternity leave and asked what the plan was this time."

Damon thought for a moment before answering. "I think it'll be the same as last time, she'll take the lead and one of the more senior staff members will help as well. And of course, I'm still available if there's anything she needs."

"How is Aunt Julie?" Sterling asked. "I don't get as much time to catch up with her as the rest of you do."

"She's great." Kaydence smiled as she answered him. "Her and Cody will actually be joining us for dinner here this weekend, you and Isabelle are always welcome to join us."

"I don't want to impose." Sterling responded politely.

"Impose?" Kaydence raised a brow. "Sterling Tipton, you know that your presence is always welcomed in this house no matter what. The same goes for Isabelle as well."

"Thank you." I smiled. "We'll be here for it."

"Good." Kaydence was pleased with my answer, she then turned her attention to the two men at the table. "How's work been?"

"Sterling secured a contract for the company all on his own the other day." Damon announced proudly. "Looking through the meeting notes I couldn't find one thing to complain about."

"Good job." Kaydence smiled at Sterling.

"Thank you." He responded after swallowing a bite of food. "I'm just doing the best I can, it does help when the one teaching you happens to be the best in the business."

Damon let out a small chuckle. "No need to give me credit, you are my son after all. Making deals practically runs in your blood."

"What about you Isabelle?" Kaydence turned her attention to me. "How's the assistant thing going? And be honest about it, act like Sterling's not even here if you have to."

"It's going great actually." I felt him place his hand on my thigh after my response. "Sterling and I actually make a great team."

"That's good." Another pleased smiled passed her lips.

We continued talking back and forth during the meal. Kaydence's pregnancy had been brought up for a moment. From what she said the baby was doing amazing and she couldn't wait to have him here within the next few months.

Once the meal finished up Sterling and I said goodbye and headed for the car. He started it right up so we could head for home.

Living with him has been better than I imagined. I go to bed with him there and I wake up to him. We still seemed to be in that honeymoon stage that we didn't mind the fact we pretty much spent all day together. Of course his own work kept him busy which allowed us a few hours in separate rooms.

"Did you have a good time?" Sterling asked as he focused on the road.

"I always do." I responded. "Your family has always been so sweet to me, they make me feel like I'm one of them."

"Good." He glanced over at me and back to the road.

"How'd the conversation with your parents go?" Now that Scarlett wasn't around I could ask for at least a small amount of details.

"Better than I thought it would." I could see he looked relieved. "Which brings me to my next topic now that I've got to discuss with you now that I have permission."

I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

Sterling proceeded to explain to me the latest stunt Elise was trying to pull on the Tipton's. It made me sick to think she was okay with going this far. I mean Elise was low enough already but this made her sink down even worse than before.

"This isn't okay." I muttered once he was done.

"I know." He agreed. "Other than letting her break the story and dealing with the damage later, I don't know what else to do."

I thought for a moment. "I got it."

"What?" Sterling looked puzzled.

"Alexandra already let it slip that Elise is promiscuous." I explained. "So if she wants to dig up your mother's past, we'll let the world know in return that Elise isn't so innocent herself."