Out For Lunch

Isabelle

"Isabelle!" Scarlett greeted me as she approached my desk. "Let's go!"

My brows furrowed together. "What do you mean?"

"I want to go to lunch." She smiled. "I figured that it could be fun."

"I don't know Scar." I replied to her. "I've still got some work that I need to do. Right now just isn't exactly the best time."

"Nonsense." Her eyes looked behind me as Killian's office door shut and her smile widened. "Just the man I was about to ask for. Let Isabelle take her lunch please, I'd like to visit with her."

I could hear Killian's footsteps coming closer as he responded. "Shouldn't you be in school Scarlett? Or did daycare let you out early?"

"Funny." Her eyes narrowed as she glared at him. "There is no school today and my mother asked me to bring something to my father. Now that I've finished with that, I'm taking Isabelle to lunch with me."

"Is that so?" He challenged her. "Last time I checked, she's my assistant and if I need her here then this is where she'll stay."

A fierce and ironic grin spread across her lips. "Last time I checked, it's my father's name on the building. I know he happens to care about his employees very much, I don't think he'd like to find out you're attempting to not let your assistant enjoy a meal she's rightly entitled to."

I watched as Killian gulped at the mention of Damon, and then he backed down. "Well played little Tipton. Well played."

"Thanks." A satisfied expression took over her face.

"You two have fun." Killian turned around and headed back into his office.

Scarlett's eyes moved over to me. "Come on, I'm starving."

"Okay." I responded as I grabbed my things and got up from my seat, beginning to walk beside her to the elevator. "Is there anywhere in particular that you have in mind?"

"There's a small restaurant down the street." She answered as we got into the elevator and it began its descent down to the lobby. "I figured that would be fine, what do you think?"

"Works for me."

The elevator dinged and we walked through the lobby and exited the doors where the car with Scarlett's guard was waiting. We climbed inside and she gave orders on where he was to drive us. We went only a few blocks and then the car pulled over to the curb to let us out.

I walked beside Scarlett as we went into the restaurant. She gave the host her name and they led us to the table they already had set up for us. Then, the host walked away and Scarlett and I took our seats.

"So, how are you?" Scarlett asked as she looked over the menu. "I feel like I haven't had the chance to ask because you're always busy."

"I'm great." I answered her honestly. "What about you?"

"Good, I'm good." She smiled.

The waiter came over to our table, interrupting the conversation. He took our order quickly and then walked away to put it in. It was just the two of us again and Scarlett's icy blue orbs were glued right onto me.

"How's school going?" I questioned her.

"It's fine." She huffed as she shrugged her shoulders. "Same shit, different day. How's work going for you? Killian treating you alright?"

I'm surprised she held herself back from asking about him for this long. I honestly expected him to be a topic the moment we were in the elevator.

"Yes Scar, he's doing just fine." I assured her, but I know in my gut that this question is leading elsewhere.

"Good." She seemed pleased with my response. "Because if not I will figure out how to make his life a living hell."

I raised a brow. "How would you do that exactly?"

If it were anybody else, I wouldn't take the comment seriously but this is Scarlett Tipton here. If she's determined to make someone pay for their actions she most definitely has the power to make it happen.

"I don't know off the top of my head." She shrugged, then took a sip of her before continuing. "Where there's a will, there's a way. I'll figure something out if I have to."

I don't doubt that for even a second.

"I'm sure you would." I chuckled. "On to a lighter subject, how's the dance team?"

Her eyes lit up with excitement, this happens to be one of her favorite subjects to talk about. "Amazing! We have a competition coming up and I have a solo in it."

"That's great!" I'm not surprised that she's got one, from what I understand Scarlett is amazing at dance.

"You should come." She smiled. "It would really mean a lot if you did Izzy."

"I'll see what I can do." I responded. "Just let me know when you have all of the details and we'll get it worked out."

"Awesome."

The waiter brought over our food and we dug right into it. I've been to this little restaurant a few times since I returned to Nashville and it's always been good quality.

"How are things with my brother?" Scarlett inquired to make a little more conversation. "Because if he's slipped up and started being an asshole again I can make his life hell too."

"They're great." I genuinely smiled. "Things are going really great between us. There's definitely no need to make his life hell."

"Good." She's pleased with my response. "Do you think you guys will get married?"

I choked on the water I was in the middle of swallowing. I set my glass down and looked at her. "If I'm being honest, I would hope so eventually but we're still working through things so I don't see it happening very soon."

She nodded, taking in my words. "Fair enough."

We finished up lunch and got back into the car with Scarlett's guard. He drove back over to Tipton Enterprises and she gave me a hug before I got out of the car. Then, we parted ways and I walked back into the building, going right into the elevator and heading for the top floor.

The doors of the elevator opened and I began to head back to my desk. I began to set my stuff down when I heard footsteps behind me and fingers gripped my elbow, making me turn around and stare into those icy blue eyes.

"In my office, now." He ordered, his tone was dark which made it clear that this wasn't up for debate. "We need to have a little talk."