Where The Hell Are Your Balls?

Sterling

My parent's house was quite busy considering they were the ones hosting Thanksgiving this year. My mother and Rose had spent all morning in the kitchen to prepare dishes. Everyone who had been invited had begun to arrive. We had quite the guest list on our hands.

There was my grandfather, Justin, Victoria along with their two children, Julie, Cody with their three children, my grandparent's from my mother who was deceased, Kaydence's mother along with Simon, Killian and Isabelle. Isabelle was the only one who hadn't come yet. Part of me felt like that may be my fault. What if our kiss caused her to back out of this as well? The last thing I wanted was for her to be alone for the holiday.

The doorbell rang and I couldn't help but feel a little excited. She was the only one not here yet. "I got it." I spoke as I got up from the couch and headed for the front door.

"Sterling!" Elise smiled once I had opened up the door.

"What are you doing here?" I raised a brow. "You're supposed to be with your parents aren't you?"

She managed to push past me and into the mansion. "Their dinner is much later. I figured it couldn't hurt for us to go together once your family's meal is over."

"Elise, I'm not going." I was stern in my tone. "I've committed to being here with my family all day. I'm not going anywhere."

She seemed a little baffled about my demeanor. "Whatever, we'll talk about it in a little bit." She then proceeded to head off to mingle with everyone.

I let out a frustrated sigh to myself. She wasn't supposed to be here. I didn't want her here. I wanted to take the opportunity today to really talk with Isabelle.

The sound of someone clearing their throat startled me. I turned to see my father leaning against the wall. He didn't even attempt to hide the look of displeasure on his face. "My study, now." He ordered in a tone that practically made my blood run cold.

I followed behind him as he swiftly walked down the hallway. We entered the study and he shut the door behind us. I took a seat at the desk and waited for him to sit in front of me. When he brought you in here that's when you knew he meant business.

He sat down and his eyes stared at me for a moment. Finally he spoke. "She wasn't invited, why is she here?"

"I-I don't know." I answered.

"Well, what are you planning to do about it?" He questioned further.

"Honestly, I have no fucking clue what to do without causing a scene. I don't want mom's hard work to be ruined because Elise threw a tantrum in front of everyone." I explained.

"Have you considered telling the girl that maybe she should act her age?" His eyes remained intense. "Your sister is younger and acts more like an adult."

"Look, I'm trying to figure this out. It's not like it's the easiest thing, especially with her!" No one understood how trapped I felt. Even though I want to get away, more now than ever, I had to figure out the best way to do it.

"If you can't figure this out, how are you supposed to run a company one day?" He asked.

"My relationship has no influence on how well I can do business!" I was taken aback by his comment. "You should fucking know that!"

His eyes studied me for a moment. "You know if it weren't for the fact that you look just like me sometimes I would have doubts you're my son."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"It means you've been an absolute pussy since Elise came into your life." He clearly wasn't going to hold back today. "Where the hell is the fire that I know is inside of you? The determination? Where the hell are your balls?"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Thanks dad, what a real nice fucking way to talk to your kid. It's always nothing but support coming from you." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm trying to do what's best for you. I've never sugar coated anything and I'm not about to do it now." There was a slight coldness in his tone.

"The best for me? You know what would be the best for me? Talking about the issues you have with my girlfriend instead of bringing back Isabelle to fuck with me." I shot back.

"Why so you can think I'm attacking her?" He asked in a sardonic tone. "Sterling I don't dislike anyone for no reason. You're the one who has to figure out how bad she really is."

"And you expect that to happen by messing with me?" I raised a brow.

"No, but I expect you to have a fucking back bone!" His voice slightly rose. "I don't expect you to handle things the exact way I would as we're different people but you're a fucking Tipton! Stand up for yourself!"

I clenched my fist as I was getting frustrated by his words. He was right and I knew it. I had become pretty fucking pathetic since Elise dug her claws into me. Every time I tried pulling away it's like she sunk them in even deeper.

He stood up from his chair. "I didn't bring Isabelle back to fuck things up for you. I brought her back because I needed you to be reminded of how love is supposed to feel. If you can honestly tell me that Isabelle doesn't make you feel anything and this has only made it more clear for you that Elise is the one then I'll butt out."

I looked down to the ground as I tried to figure out how to answer this. His plan was working but I didn't want to admit it to him. Isabelle was beginning to bring back the fire I had that Elise seemed to have put out.

"That's what I thought." My father spoke once more before opening the study door. He then turned back and looked at me. "I can only help push you in the right direction, but I can't control the choices you make son. This is one you have to figure out on your own now."

He walked out of the room and left me alone. I know he's right and I know he's trying to do what he thinks is best. Elise is the problem though, I can't seem to get out of her grasp without her making me feel guilty. The only solution I could think of is to get her to be the one to call it quits, to give her every reason to leave me and move on to someone else.

I sighed to myself as I got up from the chair. I couldn't hide out in the study forever. Isabelle was bound to show up and god knows how Elise will feel about that. I wasn't concerned about her feelings, I just didn't want her to try to get into Isabelle's head. That alone would probably kill any hopes of getting her back.

I headed down the hallway and noticed my mother at the front door. My eyes went to the woman she was greeting and letting inside. Isabelle looked absolutely beautiful as she came inside the house. She carried a box in her hands and my mother led her to the kitchen to set it down. Our eyes connected for a moment and I could feel the desire begin to build.

This was going to be absolute fucking torture.