Spending Habits

Sterling

There was a knock on my office door and then my guard Ronnie stepped inside. It's been a few weeks since security has been upped and since Samuel was born. From the sounds of it, today we finally got some information on Mr. King.

"Luca is on his way." Ronnie informed me. "Would you like him to come to your office or are you planning to meet in a separate room?"

I leaned back slightly in my chair. "Right here is fine."

"Okay." Ronnie nodded. "I'll let him know and I'll come back when he's arrived."

"Sounds good."

I watched as he turned around and headed out of the office. I could feel the anticipation building inside of me. This is the first time I was being brought an update about Mr. King that had actual information.

Every other update I've gotten since I started looking into him was just telling me how squeaky clean he was. But I know better, no one with that much money and power is ever squeaky clean.

Including my father.

The longer I waited for Luca to show up, the more impatient I could feel myself growing. I need to know what he found. I need to know what Mr. King has been up and I need to know how to make this fucker leave us alone, before I have to take much darker steps to get rid of him.

There's finally a knock on my door, grabbing my attention. I walked over to it and opened it up. Ronnie and Luca both stepped inside and headed for my desk where they both sat down. I walked my way over and took a seat in front of them.

"Did you actually find something?" I asked Luca right away.

There were a few times before I put him in charge of this that the guy prior thought he had found something. But even I was able to tell within five minutes that they were a dead end. It was a waste of my time and if Luca comes in here to do the same, I'll have someone else taking over the job by the end of the day.

"I did." He nodded. "I've still got to work out some details to get you damning evidence but I do believe it's a start."

I could feel the agitation stirring in my gut, I don't want starts. I want all of the information right fucking now.

Unfortunately, I have to take what I can get. With the way Mr. King has cleaned up after himself, I'm lucky that Luca found anything at all.

Taking a low breath, I let it out as I forced my irritation to stay inside of me. "Okay, let's get on with it."

Luca placed a folder on my desk and opened it up. I began sifting through the documents and looked them over one by one. What he brought me is bank information on an account Mr. King has.

My brow raised as I continued to look at them. I'm not impressed by what he's brought me. All I'm seeing is money being deposited and money being withdrawn, just typical bank information.

"Luca, there had better be a reason for this." I warned him as I set the papers down. "Because personally I couldn't give less of a shit about this man's spending habits."

"That's the thing, these aren't spending habits." Luca responded. "Mr. King has his regular accounts, this one is different."

I sat up and laced my fingers together on my desk. Luca has definitely gotten my attention now. "Different how?"

"Money only comes in and out every few months." He began to give me the details. "From what I gather it's anywhere between three to six months. Look at the amounts, almost millions with no notes or reason. I've seen this man's bank accounts, everything and I mean literally everything, has a note. Even his food purchases are noted in his account, but this one there's nothing."

I will agree, it's odd that there's no information as to why the money is going in and out. The only reason that it would make sense is if he doesn't want it to be traced anywhere. Which is a major red flag, usually when someone with as much money as this doesn't want a paper trail left it's because they're doing something they shouldn't be.

"I understand." I grabbed the papers and began to look through them again. "When I was first learning about business, my father made it a point that I needed to know where every dime I spend goes. Considering Mr. King has basic purchases noted, I'm thinking he was taught the same thing."

Ronnie and Luca remained silent as I finished looking over the papers again. There's not a single word on these documents telling where it's going. There's not even another account that there's a transfer for, it's all being withdrawn and deposited in cash.

"Is it safe to assume you don't know what this means yet?" I asked Luca as I looked up at him. "That's why it's a start, right?"

"Right." He swallowed as he nodded.

I know how this all works, it's going to take a little more digging to find out how this money is being spent. While it's annoying and inconvenient, it is a start and I need to force myself to be patient.

"Where do you plan to go from here?" I wanted to know the next plan of action because if he doesn't have one, he needs to get it figured out now.

"Well, I can see the withdrawals being made." Luca started to go into the plan he had come up with. "I'm going to look through some more databases for any deposits and withdrawals that large made on anyone else's accounts."

"That's a good start." I nodded, giving my approval. "I guarantee that if he's trading money for something he doesn't want anyone to know about, it's going to other wealthy people or to some criminals. With the fact he has more money coming in than going out, I would start with the wealthy. Keep in mind however, people could have pulled money from multiple accounts to make it look like they don't correlate."

"Yes Sir." Luca agreed.

"How much time do you think it'll take?" While I'm an impatient motherfucker, I know this task isn't going to be very quick.

"I don't know." Luca shrugged. "Probably a few weeks, it depends really. If it's within his inner circle it'll probably be quicker."

"Alright." I could feel the agitation rising again. "Get back to me as soon as you have something more."

**Author's Note**

Sorry for the lack of updates the last few days! My weekend was busier than planned, because I want to thank you for your patience, here's a double update!