Show Me You're Sincere

Sterling

My father's name came across my phone screen for the tenth time in twenty-minutes. As I had with the rest, I rejected the call. This time I chose to turn my phone off completely.

I knew he was trying to reach me because I told him I wouldn't be coming in today. On top of that, I'm sure he's one of the first people Isabelle went to this morning. There was no way she was just going to take my note and let herself relax, that's just not who she is.

But that note is what was buying me some time right now.

"Sterling, honey." Elise smiled as she sat across from me at her kitchen table. "I'm so glad you came over this morning for breakfast."

I can't help but tense up as my name leaves her lips. Her tone is sweet, but there's a smug grin on her face. She doesn't have to say it for me to know in her mind she's thinking she's finally won.

"Me too." I forced myself to remain pleasant. "I'm just glad that you were still so willing to see me so we could discuss things."

"Believe it or not Sterling, I have a soft spot in my heart for you." She's putting on the act she had when we first got together. "Besides, I knew you'd come around. I'm ready to put everything behind us and we can start over."

"Elise, I can't put everything behind us." I kept my voice low and stern. "I lost myself when we were together, I don't want to do that again."

A frown washed over her lips, she grabbed my hands in hers. "Sterling, I apologize for my behavior before and recently. I'll do whatever I have to so that we can make this work this time. We were good together before and I'd like to have that back."

If I didn't know any better I'd think she was sincere. However, I know how the real Elise acts. She's just putting on a show to get me hooked again.

Not that it'll work. I haven't forgotten all the shit she's pulled which is why I'm here right now. It's not because I want this bitch back, I'd never trade what I have with Isabelle for something with this cunt.

"Then let's start slow." The words practically burned my throat as they left my body. "Show me you're sincere."

"I can do that." Elise looked into my eyes, I could practically see the desperation emitting from her.

"Okay." I took the final sip of my water as I tried to judge where to go from here.

I can only play the taking things slow for so long, she's bound to want something from me. That means I have to work fast because I refuse to betray Isabelle more than I probably already have.

"What about that assistant of yours?" Isabelle asked in a careful voice. "Is she still going to be around because I don't think that would be a good look for us Sterling, especially if we decided to take things public."

"You're getting ahead of yourself." I kept my face as firm as stone, not giving her the chance to read the real emotion on my face. "I told you, things have to go slow. I don't want to even consider letting the public in on my personal life right now."

God knows they'd have a field day with this.

"I'm sorry." She glanced down at the table and then back up at me. "You're right, but can you at least come to my family's dinner tonight? They'll be thrilled to see you."

"I can do that." I nodded in response.

As expected my plan was off to a great start, which proved just how bad this family needed me. This would make it easy to get in their good graces again, then they'll let their guards down and I can strike.

"What about her though?" I could see on Elise's face Isabelle is still a threat to her, for good reason too.

"I'll handle it." I answered. "After you prove yourself to me Elise. See, this time you don't get to call the shots, I do."

She gulped at my words. I think this is the moment it finally set in for her that she's not dealing with the same Sterling she was before.

Before I was a broken shell of the man I once was. Now, I've found the fire within me. I won't let this bitch think she can just walk over me and everyone I care about like they're nothing.

She was reluctant, but she nodded. "Okay."

I stood up from the chair I sat in. "I have some things I need to attend to today, let me know what time to pick you up for dinner."

She got up and closed the gap in between us. Her eyes looked into mine, I could tell she was trying to read me but she couldn't. Like my father, I know when to make sure someone can't try to analyze me.

"Can I have a kiss?" She batted her eyelashes.

I brought my face closer to hers, our lips were only inches apart. Her mouth slightly opened, ready for mine to crash down on hers.

"No." I responded sternly. "You have to earn that privilege."
I turned around and began to head out of her apartment. I expected her to come after me with her rage front and center, but instead she stayed in her spot.

Who knew it would be this fucking easy to make this bitch obey?

I left the apartment and turned my phone back on as I got into the elevator. As expected I had more missed calls from my father and Isabelle. I already know they're both probably furious at me, but that can be dealt with later.

See the thing is, it dawned on me last night this will never really be over until the Tunts are taken care of once and for all. Elise is used to playing dirty so this whole thing will get drawn out longer than it needs to be.

So, the only logical thing to do for me was to take matters into my own hands. I'm the one who's responsible for bringing this bitch into our lives, it felt only fitting that I need to be the one who ends her.

I had to keep Isabelle and my father out of the loop on this one. I knew they wouldn't like the idea and they wouldn't let me take care of things. My father would want to help and I didn't need that.

I'm a fucking Tipton. I need to prove myself worthy of my family name and that involves doing whatever is necessary without my father feeling like he needs to bail me out.

I plan to take Elise and her entire fucking family down. I don't care how it has to happen, I won't be leaving until I'm undefeated.