Like A Little Sister

Isabelle

"Scar, we've been to five different stores now." I groaned as she dragged me into yet another one. "Are you even close to done yet?"

"Nope." She glanced back at me. "Besides, you have yet to find anything you like so we're not done until that happens at least."

I let out an inward sigh to myself as I began to look around the store. Scarlett can be relentless most of the time. The only way she's going to release me before dinner time is if I find something.

"What about this?" She asked, raising up a red sequin dress. "You've always looked amazing in red Izzy."

She did have a point. I've yet to find something in the color that looked awful on me. I decided to humor her and took the dress from her hands.

"Okay but if I don't like this one, I get to go home and grab something from my closet. Deal?" I'm beyond ready to be done with shopping.

"Deal." She nodded.

I took the dress over to the dressing room where Scarlett proceeded to find a chair to sit down and wait for me. Of course I expected that. Scarlett already found a dress for the occasion two stores ago, this is all more about me finding something.

It's not that I mind spending time with her. Scarlett's always been like a little sister I've never got the chance to have. She is fun to be around and with how blunt she can be I know I'm always in for a good time.

I just would prefer spending time doing something that isn't shopping. I've never actually gotten into the whole shopping thng. In the orphanage it was never a priority and as I grew up I kind of kept that same mentality. On top of that, I never really had the money to go and blow on a nice dress until I got this job at Tipton Enterprises.

I placed the hanger with the dress on the hook of the door and began to strip off my blouse and skirt from today. That is another reason I'm ready for this shopping to end, I've been in my work clothes since I left the office. I would like to get into something comfortable and ditch my heels for the rest of the night.

Grabbing the dress off of the hanger, I began to put it on. Once situated I reached back and pulled the zipper up the best I could. It wasn't too bad considering the dress has an open back and the zipper only went up past my butt.

I turned around and took a look at myself in the mirror. The front is low cut, showing off a little cleavage but not too much. It goes down to my knees but has a slit on the left side that goes up to the middle of my thigh.

I watched myself in the mirror as I twirled around to get a good look at myself entirely. The red definitely complimented my complexion, just as Scarlett and I predicted. It was sexy but not scandalous enough that I needed to worry about Damon and Kaydence not approving of it.

"Are you done?" Scarlett asked, clearly growing a little impatient and wanting to see a reveal.

"Yes." I opened the door and stepped out of the room.

She got up from her seat and proceeded to walk around me, studying the dress as she did so. I picked up that this is something she likes to do. She looks at the fabric and how things have been put together, judging if it's worth the money or if it'll fall apart after a few wears.

I'm pretty sure this is something she's picked up on from her mother. Considering she's supposed to take over Amethyst when Kaydence is done with it, it's a good thing. For her anyway, for these stores not so much as she has no problem pointing out when something is absolute shit.

She steps back, looking from the bottom of the dress up to my eyes. "I like it. It suits you and I think it compliments your figure well."

"Thank you." I responded as I glanced into the mirror, noticing how tightly it hugged the curves of my body.

"What do you think?" She questioned, bringing my attention back to her. "Is this it or should we keep going?"

"I think this is good." I answered, truthfully. I actually really do like this one.

A smirk appeared onto her lips. "Sterling won't know what hit him. Why don't you get changed and we'll finish up."

"Okay." I nodded and headed back into the dressing room.

I carefully removed the dress and placed it back on the hanger. I proceeded to get back into my skirt and blouse quickly. I glanced at myself in the mirror to make sure everything was in place before grabbing the dress and heading out to the counter to pay for it.

I raised a brow as I noticed Scarlett at the counter with another copy of the dress in her arms, this one was just in a black. The cashier handed her card back to her and Scarlett turned to look over at me.

"All paid for." She smiled. "We can get going now."

I swore I must have misheard her. "What do you mean all paid for?"

"Come on." She shrugged as she closed the gap between us. "I dragged you around for about three—maybe four—hours. The least I can do is get the dress as a thank you, I even snagged you one in black in case you decide at the last minute that the red isn't the way to go."

She held the dress out and I took it, still feeling the confusion remain on my face as she turned around and headed out of the store. She stopped once we were outside and turned to face me.

"Scar, you don't have to do this to thank me for shopping with you." As much as I dread shopping, sometimes I do enjoy being around Scarlett. I don't want this family to start thinking they need to shower me with money or anything, I just want to be around them because I enjoy being part of their chaos.

I watched as Scarlett took in a deep breath and let it out. "Look, I know I don't need to but I want to. Do you know what it's like only shopping with my friends? There's always backhanded compliments and everyone is always out to one up the other, of course they lose because my dad has a bigger bank account. Shopping with you today was kind of relaxing, more like I'm shopping with a big sister."

I felt touched by her words. Scarlett is more snarky than sweet so when she says something like this I know it's coming from her heart.

"Anyway, I better get going now." She surprised me by pulling me into a hug, she stayed for a moment before pulling away. "See you later Izzy!"