He's Ruined It

Sterling

I watched as Isabelle boarded the jet that would be taking us home. She seems to have finally been able to relax, but I can tell she's still on guard. Not that I can say that I blame her, being taken and held captive isn't exactly something that someone can come back from immediately.

Well..." My father's voice grabbed my attention, causing me to turn around and face him. "I just got off the phone with King's father, he had no idea what his son had been up to all this time. He'd like to deal with him personally, but that's up to you to decide."

"Look, with Jude being behind this all he's my main priority." I exhaled a low sigh and my brow arched as I decided to bring up my main concern. "But is King's father someone we can trust? Will he actually handle it or will he just give him a slap on the wrist and tell him not to do it again?"

"I've worked with his father for many years." My father responded honestly. "I believe he'll keep his word, he's never given me a reason in the past to doubt him. In fact he's a lot like your grandfather, has no problem holding people accountable for their shitty actions."

"Fine." I nodded. "He can deal with King, but Jude is all mine."

"Understood."

Shoving my hands in my pockets, I could feel the familiar darkness within me. "I want all of the Tunts brought back. They were given one chance to behave and not step a toe out of line, Jude couldn't resist and now he's ruined it for them all."

"Okay." My father agreed. "I'll get the call made."

With that, my father and I both boarded the jet and took a seat. I sat down next to Isabelle and she leaned her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her. I held her tightly against me, I wanted her to know that she's safe and that she doesn't have to worry about anything else right now.

All that she needs to focus on is getting herself some rest. While there's not a scratch on her, I know this entire thing has had to have taken a mental toll on her.

"Where was Henry?" She asked quietly. "Was he taken too? Was he hurt?"

I looked down into her gray orbs. "He was hurt. He was stabbed, but I got him medical attention the moment I found him. He was barely hanging on and there was quite a bit of blood. I did receive an update with one of the guards that I sent to be at the hospital that he's now in stable condition. He'll be just fine."

She let out a breath of relief. "Good. I'm glad to hear he's okay."

Before the conversation could continue, we were urged to put our seat belts on as the jet was ready to take off. Once we had all complied, the jet was moving down the runway and taking off into the air.

I tightened my grip on Isabelle and placed a kiss on her head. "Try to get a little sleep Sweetheart."

She nodded and placed her head on my shoulder once again. I watched as her eyes closed and she let herself drift off in my arms. As I looked at here there was only one thing on my mind, keeping her safe.

I cannot allow something like this to happen ever again. Izzy has been through too much in her lifetime. I will protect her at all costs and the first step is getting rid of the Tunts forever.